ClearBra on used car?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ClearBra on used car?

ClearBra on used car?

Bought my car used and it has some small chips in the hood and bumper. Any point in getting clear film protection at this point?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: ClearBra on used car?

Hi there

Depends on how many. If peppered already I would get painted and then once the paint cured clear film. if you have a few and are good with touch-up, dab the spots and get the clear film to prevent more damage.

Jeff

I had mine put on with 8K miles on the clock. The clear bra actually helps hide the small ones. If you do touch up, make sure the level of the touch-up paint does not rise above the level of the surrounding paint since that will show.
    2009 Silver/Black V10 MT; De-Chromed; Carbon Fiber Exterior Package, Lighted CF Sills, CF Sideblades, CF Engine Trim, CF Steering Wheel, CF Mirrors, CF Door Handles and CF Interior Inlays; Enhanced Leather; Alcantara Headliner; Black Optic Grille; Meisterschaft GT Racing Titanium Exhaust; APR ECU Remap; Sprintbooster; H&R Lowered; Clear bra; and HRE P43s

I prefer to maintain OEM paint then to get it resprayed at some point. I've bought and sold many cars in the past 15 years and if you end up selling a vehicle that's repainted, it will affect the price point of your car. Do it to prevent further damage.
    '12 White MP4-12C w/ lots of CF
    '11 Rosso 458 Italia
    '05 Black Carrera GT
    '10 DG R8 V10

*Sold
    '08 ClK63 BS
    '04 Gallardo E-gear
    '03 Rosso Corsa 360 Modena
    '07 RS4
    '06 RR Supercharged

6. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum