Lug Nut Covers Coming Off

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lug Nut Covers Coming Off

Lug Nut Covers Coming Off

I know others have had the issue of the plastic Lug Nut covers coming off. The dealer told me they don't have any in stock but will order some and don't know if this is something that I have to pay for or if it is covered. I have not had a good overall experience with this Audi Service department. This is my second R8 and I had hoped that Audi would correct the service issue. There is nothing special about being an R8 owner with this service department, I may as well be another A3 owner. I do think there is a difference when you have one customer that pays over 200k for a car and another that pays 35k. Don't take this the wrong way, not trying to be a jerk here. It's just that there is such a huge disparity in the potential client expectations. It's not like if I was going to the Ferrari dealer and every car was 200k plus. I think Audi needs to figure this out if they want to be in the high end car market. Thoughts?
    Last edited by thezman; 04-20-2017 at 02:35 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Lug Nut Covers Coming Off

I had the same issue when I picked up my car (mentioned in previous posts) but my dealer was great and when I called them they delivered a pack to my house the next day. Since then a couple have come off but I've got about 20 spares so not really an issue!!

Yes, the early ones were shocking I am afraid! They were so loose.

They aren't expensive and I try to keep some for when I notice they are missing, but in all honesty I have not heard of an Audi Centre not providing a replacement set for customers when it occurs.

A little smear of lithium grease helps "stick" them on too for the other ones you haven't lost yet.

Cheers Ricky
    REPerformance

Instagram: Hidden Content
    Facebook: Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

thanks for the insight and tips.

I bought a pack of I think 20 on eBay for about $15. I have never lost any but I have split a few when I didn't have them lined up just right and tried to push them on. Cheap insurance to keep some spares.
    2011 v10, 6 speed, lava gray, 3m, VF750 supercharged, GR wing/splitter and vent covers, custom steering wheel, sprint booster, fabspeed exhaust, lowered on H+R springs, 10/12mm spacers, powder coated wheels, PS2, K+N....

Besides Audi dealers, where can I buy spare??? I believe the Gen 2 covers are different than the Gen 1?

Had my Spyder barely 6 weeks and have lost about 3 already!

My Dealer just stripped all 20 off their Demo and gave them to me for spares

Quote Originally Posted by V10+ View Post
    Had my Spyder barely 6 weeks and have lost about 3 already!

My Dealer just stripped all 20 off their Demo and gave them to me for spares
    That's the kind of service I want.....not about the cost.....its the convenience and keeping me happy so I come back and buy another one of their halo cars.

go over to Ferrari or lambo they'll only charge you $20 each lol

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread