Audi R8 Forums banner

Ara Blue with Mythos Black Blades

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  brn8 
#1 ·
Called into the dealer today and they have a new v10 (non plus) in the showroom in Ara Blue with Mythos Black side blades. I always thought the carbon blades on the Gen1 really set the car off were a "must have" option, but with the four panel design on the Gen2 there is less of a case - I would personally have difficulty justifying £2k for four carbon panels on the non-plus spec when the painted ones look this good.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The Gen2 Ara Blue is nice with the black blades. If only Audi had kept the iconic full blade, it would have been stunning!

Hopefully some enterprising company will offer a full blade retrofit for the Gen2 soon. ;)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car

#4 ·
Called into the dealer today and they have a new v10 (non plus) in the showroom in Ara Blue with Mythos Black side blades. I always thought the carbon blades on the Gen1 really set the car off were a "must have" option, but with the four panel design on the Gen2 there is less of a case - I would personally have difficulty justifying £2k for four carbon panels on the non-plus spec when the painted ones look this good.

View attachment 110641
That does look good. I wonder how body painted ones would look

#5 ·
I have a feeling someone is going to vinyl wrap the middle panel to create the gen1 sideblade look.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.