Audi R8 Forums banner

Ap racing front and rear rotor upgrade

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CjamesEnorf 
#1 ·
AP Racing is widely considered the technology leader in the field of racing brakes. They’ve been involved with motorsports for over 50 years, and have won over 700 Formula 1 races with their brake or clutch products! They are a leading supplier in many of the other top race series around the world such as NASCAR Sprint Cup, ALMS, WRC, DTM, Aussie V8, etc.

The Essex Designed Competition J Hook Discs include a number of features and benefits that can’t be found in competing products:
• 72 directional internal vanes
• Exclusive AP Racing J Hook slot pattern
• Twelve attachment points for floating disc hats
• Complex metallurgy developed over 50 years of racing at the elite level
• Reasonable iron replacement cost ($359-399 per iron ring)
• Designed for: Club racing, time trial, autoX, HPDE
• Works with OEM Audi R8 calipers (front kit includes caliper spacers and longer bolts)
• Fully floating, anodized billet aluminum hat with float control/anti-rattle clips
• Ultra lightweight

Front R8 disc pair $1598.00
Rear R8 disc pair $1498.00

Recommended pads are as follows

Ferodo DS2500 (Road/AutoX) Front and Rear $495.00
Ferodo DS1.11 (Track/Race) Front and Rear $849.00

ALL ITEMS CAN BE PURCHASED THROUGH ME. PLEASE PM OR EMAIL ME WITH INQUIRIES

Review of the rotors and pad

http://www.r8talk.com/forums/5-gene...ors-my-face-wont-stop-hitting-windshield.html

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Why do you recommend Ferrodo brake pads with these discs?
I had DS2500 and have Endless MA45B on my Challenge Mini with the same discs, the stopping power AND longevity is worlds apart. Needed 2pads for 1 rotor on the DS2500 and around 4 Discs/8 pads per season (was fixed in regulatory to use them but deleted since 2 years). With endless I drive the same discs and pads since 2 years now, still 1/4 left. And at the Hockenheim GP-Racetrack at the end of parabolica (full brake from Vmax to 2nd gear) I go much later on the brake with the Endless and this round after round without any hassle. 2nd with endless and titan shims my dust caps of the caliper stayed alive, with DS2500 in Hockenheim I need to change them after every event.

Do it right and recommend Endless or Dixcel with your kit. If you spend 3100$ on 2 front/back discs+rotor with adapters then 800$ for Endless MX72 (front&back) or 2000$ (front&back) for magic MA45B ones is not a problem.

If it brakes with Ferrodo 3000 like described in the review then an endless MX72 (performance street) or even more the MA45B (race) will peel the tyres off the rims....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.