Audi R8 Forums banner

UK - R8 Auto with grey interior -

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Bugsybabe 
#1 ·
Looking for an R8 on an 08 plate, or newer; needs to be automatic with grey interior, might consider beige.
Magnetic ride, B&O sound and heated seats a must. Jet blue exterior is fine but they are like hens teeth, so will assume I will be respraying
any other colour......which widens my choice. Cheers -

#2 ·
I think you will need to look with a broader mind! I spent around 9 months looking for an early car and my 'shopping list' was a lot shorter than yours, my list was manual, mag ride and anything else was either a plus or minus that would influence the buying decision one way or the other,

I saw a silver one, a black car with lots of bumps, a black car with dubious mileage, another one I nearly bought with full electric seats but no heaters? well odd! I even traveled 200 mile to A*** Stanstead to pick up one I had bought after looking at some pictures and believing the sales man about the cars condition, the funny panel gaps, bulls eye in the windscreen and more chips in the bonnet than the rest of the R8's in the country added together meant I went home without it (and not in the best of moods either)

The one I have now was the last one I was going to see, I was going to give up EOS

#3 ·
It's a difficult a one when you tighten the spec you want. As we have discussed, the mag ride is a must for me as is the r-tronic transmission.
I've had many sports cars with black interior and find that these days it has to be a bright, light one - hence the beige or preferably the grey interior. I want to put my own plate on the car - which is an 08 plate - so many of the early cars are discounted. Mileage should be under 30K.
Of all the colours in the range, I prefer the Jet Blue but I'm resigned to having to respray whatever I buy as the chances of getting one of these is negligible. When I contacted Ingoldstadt about how many they sent to the UK in 2008 in Jet Blue they said about 10 a year. Most of these were manual so I've all but given up on finding one in this colour. No problem though - I will respray whatever I buy in Audi liquid blue which is even preferable to the Jet Blue.
All I have to do now is find one with the other basics I want! There will be one somewhere - just need to be vigilant.
I check Autotrader, Pistonheads, Audi UK and e-bay daily; any other sources I should considering?
Your input is appreciated -thanks............

#5 ·
I had heard that there were 'issues' with the r-tronic box but the thought of going 'backwards' to a manual is a no-no - haven't had one of those for decades! I tend to work the box myself rather than just leave it in drive so this would hopefully overcome any negative issues. I will try one shortly.
Interesting that you sent me the Hartley link - I just saw it myself about half ten. Seems to tick most of the boxes, assuming it isn't a '57 plate. Colour doesn't look bad but is the same as my 450h. Worth a trip over I reckon. I'll let you know - cheers.:)

#6 ·
Hi Mike - I saw that you were no longer looking for a Sepang R8 on another forum; does this mean you were successful in your search?
As it happens, I actually found what I was looking for a couple of days ago.
It's a 2009 r-tronic with all the 'must haves' included. Colour is an Audi Exclusive - aquamarine, which looks great.
The r-tronic is 'different' but I tried a few cars before I settled on this one and I imagine I will be able to tame the box over time!
Hope you are enjoying your driving - cheers..

#8 ·
I'm glad you found a car to your liking, it's a long hard time trawling the web and Audi dealers to find a good car, mine is the second R8 I have bought secondhand from an Audi dealership and I must admit on both occasions it has not been a pleasurable experience, I do not think Audi salesmen can lie straight in bed with cars not fitting their descriptions at all.

I went to buy a 2 year old 3000 mile ltd edition V8 that had a slipping clutch/graunched into 3rd gear and had been on far too many personal number plates (presumably hiding from something?) also 3 owners that were all the same person, shame they ''forgot'' to tell me all that before I traveled 200 miles to see the POS.

I have ended up with a 2013 white (surprised me as well) V10 manual :)

#9 ·
It has been a long trawl - two half years or more, but I do think it has been worth waiting for what I wanted. Couldn't find the grey interior after all so settled for the Luxor beige. I'm putting my trust in the Audi dealer who sold it to me as I have only driven 3 others beforehand. I have to say that they have been very helpful...maybe I was just lucky. At least there is a 12 month warranty.

Strange that there were problems on the 3000 mile car that you saw...good job you could spot the faults so readily. Anyway, hope the white one turns out to be a winner ( as I do mine!)
Will try to add a photo..but that may prove challenging! If you don't see it, I failed! - cheers Land vehicle Vehicle Car Audi Audi r8

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.