R8 Sport Steering Wheel Upgrade Guide...

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: R8 Sport Steering Wheel Upgrade Guide...

Supporting Vendor

Post R8 Sport Steering Wheel Upgrade Guide...

For those of you with V8 and many V10 coupe models you may have had the car come with a standard thinner style flat-bottom steering wheel without R8 badging. The V10 spyder was the first R8 equipped with a thicker (4-5mm), more contoured steering wheel that features an R8 badge in the lower center spoke. There is now an option for a sports style steering wheel for all models in most regions that I am aware of, but for those of you who weren't offered this there is the ability to upgrade and also there are some other options from other Audi models if you wanted to do something different leather and stitching wise.

I put together a set of photos to illustrate these options for anyone looking to upgrade. Your original airbag is retained and used with any of these options, note that all styles below are available with (R-Tronic) or without shift paddles (Manual):

This steering wheel features air leather on the sides, smooth leather top and bottom, black or silver stitching (picture available) and R8 badging or fitted with no badge if needed. Aluminum and black shift paddles are available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This steering wheel features air leather on the entire steering wheel with silver stitching and R8 badging or fitted with no badge if needed. Black shift paddles are available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new option with all smooth leather offers a solution to add some color to your steering wheel.

This steering wheel features smooth leather on the entire steering wheel with single grey, beige, denim blue or red stitching and R8 badging or fitted with no badge if needed. Black shift paddles are available.

This steering wheel features smooth leather on the entire steering wheel with white sport stitching and R8 badging or fitted with no badge if needed. Aluminum shift paddles are available.

This steering wheel features alcantara leather on the entire steering wheel with red, orange or grey stitching and R8 GT badging which can be changed to R8 or fitted with no badge if needed. Aluminum shift paddles are included and it is not orderable without paddles.

Facelift steering wheel featuring the newest extended shift paddles. Available with partial air leather, black stitching and the facelift R8 badging.

The newest badging and paddles to upgrade your current steering wheel:

• R8 Post-Facelift Steering Wheel Badge – $42.85 each (Retail – $65.50)
    • Lower Badge Plate - $28.00 each (Retail - $48.40) - Needed if current steering wheel has no badging

All of these are readily available and at the moment and some are in stock as well. There are also options for completely customized steering wheels with different leather types, colored stitching, several styles of stitching, badging options, carbon fiber center trim, carbon fiber shift paddle extensions and more. Here is one example of a custom steering wheel produced for an RS5:

Pricing on the custom options available upon request and I can build a specific quote to your exact needs.

If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers and thanks again!
    Last edited by Europrice; 03-16-2015 at 11:23 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Thumbs up Re: R8 Sport Steering Wheel Upgrade Guide...

PPIs' Wheels for the R8 are very nice as well. I've been gripping my PPI wheel affectionately for a couple of years now. BTW, just ordered a Titanium w/leather for our Hummer.Can't wait for it to arrive.The stock spagetti wheel just doesnt compare to an aftermarket jobbie or the newer, thicker style. cool:
    Last edited by harrison; 08-25-2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Newer and 4-5mm thicker
    GONE-BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN 'Hidden Content 8,R8 V8,Paddles,Mag ride,Jet-Blue/Carbon blades,Smoke chrome OEM 5 spokes & Lambo S.L. whls,Miltek exh.PPI Steering whl,rear wing,front grill,air filter kit.C.F.interior trim,V10 sideskirts,premium black leather,B&O,navi,camara. KEEPURSHINEYSIDEUP/STICKYSIDEDOWN VIDEO:R8 in CANYON video ... janerinsurance.com/r8 ...\"/

Supporting Vendor

Re: R8 Sport Steering Wheel Upgrade Guide...

So folks know, these are all genuine Audi pieces and even the steering wheels with custom leather, stitching, carbon and so forth all start as factory Audi units and maintain that same original thicker, sport shape.

So if you've driven an R8 Spyder or other model with this style steering wheel these are all the same shape/thickness, 4-5mm thicker than the standard stock R8 steering wheel.

Cheers,

Supporting Vendor

I've been receiving a fair number of questions on these again.

All these styles are still available and they are all bolt-on for all R8 models. These are thicker and more contoured than the standard R8 steering wheels. All steering wheels are available with or without paddles except for the R8 GT which is with paddles only. Custom options really are sky's the limit. Here is a recent wheel that was produced:

If anyone has any questions do let me know.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Europrice View Post
    I've been receiving a fair number of questions on these again.

All these styles are still available and they are all bolt-on for all R8 models. These are thicker and more contoured than the standard R8 steering wheels. All steering wheels are available with or without paddles except for the R8 GT which is with paddles only. Custom options really are sky's the limit. Here is a recent wheel that was pr

If anyone has any questions do let me know.

Cheers,
    Cheers, Can a paddle shift wheel be used on a standard shift car? TIA
    GONE-BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN 'Hidden Content 8,R8 V8,Paddles,Mag ride,Jet-Blue/Carbon blades,Smoke chrome OEM 5 spokes & Lambo S.L. whls,Miltek exh.PPI Steering whl,rear wing,front grill,air filter kit.C.F.interior trim,V10 sideskirts,premium black leather,B&O,navi,camara. KEEPURSHINEYSIDEUP/STICKYSIDEDOWN VIDEO:R8 in CANYON video ... janerinsurance.com/r8 ...\"/

Supporting Vendor

Yes, you can fit a paddle wheel on a manual car. Paddles just do nothing.

Cheers,

So folks know, these are all genuine Audi pieces and even the steering wheels with custom leather, stitching, carbon and so forth all start as factory Audi units and maintain that same original thicker, sport shape.

So if you've driven an R8 Spyder or other model with this style steering wheel these are all the same shape/thickness, 4-5mm thicker than the standard stock R8 steering wheel.

Cheers,
    Just picked up my new R8 V10 this week and my wheel looks like the top one in this thread, but with red leather stitching. On sticker shows as a $250 option and it is must upgrade, R8 V10 next to me at Cars&Coffee had the regular wheel and there was no comparison. When I traded in my R8 with PPI wheel they were suppose to swap but would not because of liability issues. So they ordered a stock wheel to put on and are sending me my PPI wheel when they get it. I'm liking the wheel on my car so much I might not even put the PPI wheel on
    2015 Blu Caelum Huracan LP-610-4. VF HEX Tuned, Fabspeed Supersport Valved Exhaust.

Gone
    2012 Red R8 V10 6sp, VF-750 Supercharger, Tubi Rumore Exhaust
    Gone
    2009 R8 V8, 6SP Manual. Silver/Black,Stasis Supercharged,

Supporting Vendor

These steering wheels are such a dramatic upgrade from the standard R8 steering wheel that it's hard to describe. I wouldn't order and R8 without this and if it wasn't an option I'd upgrade immediately after delivery.

Cheers,

Two unique and exclusive alcantara steering wheels are available for your R8. Plug and play without the need for an airbag change (ignore the different style airbag in the photos, R8 owners only need the steering wheel itself):

First:
    I'm confused, does this mean I get an R8 airbag "extra" for this price, or is it a "useless" TTRS airbag that I have to "throw away"??

Second:
    Shipping for Canada (near Montreal, QC)?

Past:
    2013 Estoril Blue BMW F30 335i xDrive M Sport Package
    2012 White BMW X5 35d Diesel
    2011 Suzuka Grey Audi R8 V10 coupe ***SOLD***
    2011 Red BMW M3 convertible
    2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory
    2009 Black 997 911 turbo coupe
    2007 Black 997 Carrera S coupe

Supporting Vendor

What this means is that the picture shows the wheel with an airbag, which R8 owners do not need. The pricing above is for the steering wheel without airbag, for fitment in an R8.

Shipping would be around $45.00USD.

If you would like a complete quote with payment and delivery details just let me know or email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast