Audi R8 Forums banner

2009-14 R8 Spyder Carbon Fiber rear GT Spoiler and Carbon Fiber Base

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Braunstoneman 
#1 ·
New 2009-14 R8 Spyder Carbon Fiber rear GT Spoiler and Carbon Fiber Base
We just came out with the New Spyder GT Carbon fiber spoiler w/ carbon spyder base. And that is the difference, is the base on the Spyder it is a inch and a half wider, than the coupe base. I am almost positive someone on this forum has bought a GT spoiler for a Spyder and found out it didn't fit, because it was for a coupe. We have them available for a special price shipped in the US for a limited time. So order yours now. This is a Vacuumed formed (for weave consistency and less weight) carbon fiber GT spoiler made in the USA with factory gloss finish made with the highest quality materials guaranteed quality and fitment. It also includes steel mounting plates for extra stiffness.
Automotive exterior Auto part Architecture Bumper Metal
)

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Its really too bad that this guy (VMB)can bad mouth a company,,, when he never even tried to install the spoiler on his car. German Rush has always tried to make their product with quality and fitment the # 1 priority. We always strive to ensure fitment. We have probably installed more GT spoilers on coupes and Spyders, than any other company in the world,other than Audi, this is not an exaggeration. We have found that all R8s are not the same, notice the body lines on the Silver Spyder around ,, where the back of the rear quarter,, meets the part between the tail lights,(not good, and not anything we did,, all Audi) usually the Spyders are not as bad as the 2007-12 coupes.(2013 thru 2015 are better) We have found that there are numerous shims on almost every coupe rear factory wind deflector. On the coupes we have made 3 different molds off of 3 different factory wind deflectors, to try to correct any fitment issues, however if the Audi factory is using shims on their cars, obviously our wing base will call for some adjustment. And we have made all our bases with a lot room for adjustment. As you see in the pictures below these Spoiler bases do fit very nice and flush.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Audi r8

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Audi r8 Automotive design

Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Spoiler

Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Spoiler

Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive exterior Automotive tail & brake light

#11 ·
Its really too bad that this guy (VMB)can bad mouth a company,,, when he never even tried to install the spoiler on his car. German Rush has always tried to make their product with quality and fitment the # 1 priority. We always strive to ensure fitment. We have probably installed more GT spoilers on coupes and Spyders, than any other company in the world,other than Audi, this is not an exaggeration. We have found that all R8s are not the same, notice the body lines on the Silver Spyder around ,, where the back of the rear quarter,, meets the part between the tail lights,(not good, and not anything we did,, all Audi) usually the Spyders are not as bad as the 2007-12 coupes.(2013 thru 2015 are better) We have found that there are numerous shims on almost every coupe rear factory wind deflector. On the coupes we have made 3 different molds off of 3 different factory wind deflectors, to try to correct any fitment issues, however if the Audi factory is using shims on their cars, obviously our wing base will call for some adjustment. And we have made all our bases with a lot room for adjustment. As you see in the pictures below these Spoiler bases do fit very nice and flush.

View attachment 138362
View attachment 138370
View attachment 138378
View attachment 138378
View attachment 138386

PM: WHY ARE YOU SUCH A PIECE OF ****

This is what you can expect from German Rush (Louie) when you are telling other members on Audi R8 forum of your experience with his ”great product”.

I bought a rear GT spoiler in carbon inclusive the base from German Rush.

Before I bought the spoiler and base I asked German Rush (in writing) if the base was perfect fitment and up to OEM standards.

German Rush assured me (in writing) that, that was the case.

When the base was to be installed by a professional (normally working on high end cars as Audi R8, Ferrari and Porsche) the mechanic concluded that the base was to small in the width (5 mm) and the curve of the base was wrong in the section pointing forward (gapping more in the ends) and the holes didn’t fit the bracket mounting on the base.

I returned the items to German Rush after a lot of debating with German Rush (Louie).

German Rush (Louie) told me in writing that he would mount the base and spoiler when he got it back to show me perfect fitment, but of course he didn’t, despite I wrote to him asking him for documentation of the perfect fittment.

So besides I have to put up with his abusive and stupid PM to me saying:

”WHY ARE YOU SUCH A PIECE OF ****

I have been witness to:

German Rush’s lack of service and not responding to mails and PM for a long time when they at the same time had the ability to post several post advertising for their ”great products” on the R8 forum.

German Rush crappy product which don’t fit at all.

Me wasting a lot of time going to the paint shop and back for having the base painted in the color of the car.

Me loosing 400 dollars on painting the base which don’t fit.

The professional mechanic wasting a lot of time going to my garage for mounting and not being able to do so, because of the bad fitment of the base from German Rush.

The easy thing to do now responding to German Rush’s very mature and professional PM to me would be to respond with: “You are a scam artist and a big **** with no morals” but I’m not going to go down on his level. So instead I would like to wish him good luck in the future – he is sure going to need it.

#13 ·
I'm looking for a GT wing for my 2011 V10 coupe, and have been looking at the Chinese examples on eBay around £600. Does anyone have any experience of these? The pictures look good, but of course it is difficult to know what the fit and dimensional accuracy would be like. Grateful to hear of anybody's experience

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.