Audi R8 Forums banner

Extended warranty

6K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Giggs 
#1 ·
Hi,
Just purchased a new 2012, r8, v10.
Looking at the extended warranty 7 years, 70,000 miles. .. I know on my Chrysler products many dealers discounted the extension warranties, as much as half..dealer is offering 7/70....$3,400.00. Is this price good...

Thanks for your help.
Frank

#2 · (Edited)
It sounds good but there are at least 4 levels of coverage so you need to clarify what level it is. Also is the warranty transferable when you sell?

You already have 4 years from Audi. So is this just a 3 year extension? If it's 3 years on the top level, that's about the going rate and you're probably not getting much of a deal.

#5 ·
Who's your new warranty with 3k a year. Last year I got 3 years top level cover from UVW for £1400 payable over 6 months. That included wear and tear and main dealer repairs.

As with many third party policies, it can feel a bit of a pain in the arse getting them to pay up. The policy does not cover seals, and I had a seal to on a power steering pump. Dealer said whole pump needs changing as seal isn't sold seperately. After arguing with the claims first line department, I eventually got them to agree to pay due the the Main Dealer Repairs part of the cover.

Good luck

#4 ·
Audi dealers don't (all) offer the same extented warranty and service contract products. I sought quotes for '09 S8 from two dealers. One offered only Easy Care. The other offered the relatively new Audi Pure Protection, a partnership product replacing the traditional CPO product, (which is still honored.)
The usual: 'different deductibles, term lengths, coverage levels depending on model, mileage, age, or if new, with the top level being Platinum -(mentioned in another post by an owner offering his R8 for sale with that extended 3-yrs coverage.) Audi Pure may be worth checking out.

Sent using AutoGuide

#6 ·
Hi Frank,

Yes I believe that is a good price. Some Audi dealers charge near-rate card. Others heavily discount.

Here are the prices I got for a 2008 R8 with 800 miles (correct 800 miles) on it:

7years/100,000 miles = 3827.00
6years/72,000 miles = 2225.00
5years/60,000 miles = 1572.00

And this is Audi Pure Protection Plus Platnum Level with $100 deductible.

Jeff

#7 ·
I also did the 3 year / 70,000 mile extended warranty on my 2010. It came out to around $3,200 if I remember correctly. This is the highest level of coverage and I thought it would be a good investment just in case I do decide to keep the car. So far, I'm very glad I decided to purchase this warranty as I don't want my R8 going anywhere right now.

#8 ·
That was for an extended audi warranty. I am going to call tomorrow and get some actual figures as my warranty runs out tomorrow and unless you continue it from when it runs out you cant continue again. Who are UVW?

#9 ·
UVW is UsedVehicleWarranty.
Home Page
http://usedvehiclewarranty.co.uk/

What's Covered - Policy Document
http://usedvehiclewarranty.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/UVW_policy_booklet.pdf

I chose the highest cover "Executive Plus Policy" with the addition of main dealer repairs and wear and tear. You can try to get a quote online, but due to the type of car it is you'll probably need to ring.

Policy Wording
For cars and light commercial vehicles up to 3,500kg. This Policy applies to vehicles which are up to 5 years old and have covered less than 60,000 miles at the policy start date.

Parts Covered
During the specified period all of the original manufacturer’s mechanical and electrical components of the vehicle are insured against breakdown except those listed under exclusions.
Full terms and conditions as set out in the policy document. If the wear and tear option is selected, covered parts will be
insured for wear and tear.
Casings
In the event of a covered item causing damage to a casing then the casing will form part of the maximum claim liability.
Timing Belts
Providing there is proof that the manufacturer’s replacement recommendations have been complied with and they are free from oil contamination.

Exclusions
Chassis, Bodywork, Trim, Glass, Road Wheel, batteries, exhaust systems, fuel tanks, brake shoes and pads, pressure plate, centre plate, release bearings,
heater elements, wiring looms, injectors,
oil seals, satellite navigation, seized brake callipers, heater elements, centralised locking pumps, car telephone, air bags, keys, air conditioning recharging, In car entertainment, catalytic convertor, hardware e.g. bolts and fixings, pulleys/dampers, ALL serviceable and ancillary items.

So far, cost for 3 yrs cover was £1,400. Repairs carried out by end of first year, wheel bearing £450 and power steering pump £1,300. It'd be interesting to see what you get quoted as I'm sure they sold me the policy too cheap.

Hope that helps.

#10 ·
That price seems 2 low for comprehensive cover. Just spoke to Audi extended warranty and price is £1130 for 1 year extended warranty with an excess of £250 and a mileage cap of 15,000. I may not bother with it as it seems like such a rip off. You guys in the US should realise how lucky you are, you even get 4 years warranty as standard vs our 3 years.

#11 · (Edited)
My 4 year manufacturer warranty is about to expire, so I am getting quotes from various dealers in Toronto for an additional 3 years of the Platinum coverage with $100 deductible per visit that will extend the total kilometres to 80,000 kms. MSRP from Audi is CDN $3,219 + HST (our harmonized 13% tax) and thus far I am seeing a range of $500 discount to $200 discount.

#15 ·
Why cant I get it for that price here. An equivalent policy here would mean 4 years of extended warranty and you can only buy it each year. That would be say on average £2K a year. Thats £8K! which is about $12K so 4 times the price :(

#17 ·
I got the car yesterday...bought the 7/70 , 100.00 deductible with a buy back. If it is not needed the cost is returned. Not counting on that...3100.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.