And game of two halves...

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: And game of two halves...

And game of two halves...

i all,

Today I had a great day out at Bedford Autodrome!
    I went with my best mate in his Corsa VXR and another mate in his track only BMW which he actually races competitively.

Pics of the beemer:

Only had 2 laps pax in the beemer then the prop shafts let go but that was the end of the day..

So, iv got 3 cars....which did I take???!

Well iv decided to put the Cupra back to stock and sell it, so with Bedford being notorious for big wide open track and quite fast I though the R8 would be perfect for the job!

Early start and feck it was cold!....-2degrees first thing, but dry!

:bowdown:

So out I go for the first session....iv not tracked the V10 before and only tracked ASBO at the Ring in the soaking rain.

WOW!!!

This car is just made for the track! Simply immense

Now, about 15mins into my session I get one of the Marshalls show me the NOISE! board :drink:

Now this is not them showing me their appreciation for my V10 glory...

The static noise limit was 101db which passed with ease with my Capristo valves shut....BUT the drive by limit is only 87.5db....a big drop!

Now Bedfords noise rules are one strike and you're OUT! So I knew I would be cutting it fine

Session 2.

Mindful of being close to being black flagged, I managed to get a very knowledgeable and experienced chap to pax with me so he could give me tuition and show me the NOISE monitors.

Session 2 was just insane! My pax man Dave was ace and really helped me get the best out of the R8....****ing this car is just so capable! Easily the best 30mins iv had on track in my whole life

Got to 140on the back straight and it had more!

Brakes phenomenal and handling just so perfect.

We scouted the noise monitors and did our best to creep past em...

So. My energy is sapped now from beating the V10 round the track, so we decide to come in.

Get back to the pits only to be immediately met by a Marshall with a certain color flag in his hand
    :****_you:

Yup, despite my best efforts I had tripped the noise monitors and I was black flagged

:boohoo:

So...what do now?!

Well it was coming up to lunch break and I had one of my other cars about 20miles away..

There was only one thing for it... :jump:

And so 1hr later I returned just before the afternoon sessions opened....In this!

Venga was BACK!

Only picked up on Weds fresh from his turbo repair post Oct Ring trip

:bigwave:

So, was able to continue to enjoy the day.

The little Cupra is lots of fun and just highlights the beast the V10 is!

Let my mate drive the Cupra and I drove his VXR, good little car!

No pics of the Cupra on track as photography man not out in the afternoon.

So, great day had by all!

Some more pics

Thumbs up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: And game of two halves...

Hi,
    Good to see you out back on track again V10 looks fun.
    Me to finds myself allways on track a few times in the V8 but more than often in my track focused e46
    m3 but to lazy to travel to far but only 15mins from Snetterton actually up there on the open pit on the 8th .
    Perhaps have a race i mean meet up one day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements