Highest mileage V10 R8?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Highest mileage V10 R8?

Highest mileage V10 R8?

Who's got the highest mileage V10 R8? And how is it running?
    Current:
    Ferrari 458 Italia
    BMC Air Filter / EVOMSiT Tune / Fabspeed Headers / Novitec Test Pipes & Exhaust

Past:
    2003 Porsche EVOMS GT750 / 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo / 2008 BMW M5 / 2008 Lamborghini Superleggera / Audi R8 V10

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Highest mileage V10 R8?

We have a used 2012 V10 on our showroom with a little over 4k

Got a tick under 16k on mine and it is a 2011. No problems so far. I have seen a few LP 560s with over 50k miles on the same clutch and no issues and I would think the R8 is a lot better than that car.

That's encouraging news duhawk

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

seen a 2010 on 36k+ it was one of the test cars or one of the turing companies cars was for sale a while ago.

dbx

I live in NorCal. I'm at 26200 miles after 15 months of ownership. I got PS3s at 11k miles and RE-11s at 24k miles. I like the RE-11s better.

The car is my daily driver, I commute to work in it and do 70-90 miles a day depending which route I take. Lots of weekend trips too.

I had the shifter and linkage replaced around 15k miles since it had gotten loose. I'm a big guy and I guess I shift hard.

I also had the slave cylinder for the clutch fail three weeks ago when I went to leave the office one night. Clutch pedal sunk straight to the floor, so I was stranded. Had to call R8 roadside service, it worked pretty well. They are very attentive and call to check in on you to make sure the flatbed showed up, etc. Took it to my dealer; it was a part defect and not wear, so Audi paid for the labor to pull the tranny and the parts to replace the cylinder. While the tranny was out, I also replaced the clutch just because it was convenient. It sounded like it was half worn when they replaced it.

I have the Stasis chip and exhaust, haven't had any ECU troubles. Car pulled much harder after the chip/exhaust, to the point where I have to modulate the throttle now when going full throttle in second gear. It's fast as balls. At some point, going to look at forced induction but I'm happy for now.

No rattles or anything like that. Sometimes the bottom 3-4" of my windshield will fog up if the temp is low and the humidity is high. Apparently it's due to the radiators in the front of the car. I just crack the window or turn on defrost and it's fine.

Edit: It's a 2012 V10.
    Last edited by dbx; 12-08-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Got mine used with 19,xxx k on it. Almost at 20k now. Looks and runs like new

Same here, 2011 with 23k and change. Outside of manufacturer recalls, it has needed nothing but fluids, tires, and recently brakes.
    2011 Audi R8 Spyder - 6MT, Matte Ibis, HRE P40s, white calipers, gloss black vents/trim/window frame, tints/radar/laser, AMS bolt-on Twin Turbo (771 awhp @7psi)
    2012 Land Rover LR4 HSE - Santorini Black
    2013 Audi S7 - Estoril Blue, Lunar silver diamond stitched interior, carbon inlays, LED headlights, innovation package, color matched markers, tint/radar/laser, 21" ADV10s brushed face w/ polished lips

Mine up in the high teens now. Will be sad to see it enter its 20's....

I have 17,000 miles on mine now. It had 13,000 on it when I bought it. Dont need to drive to work so its purely driven for pleasure
    V10 - Silver / Black with full CF
    V8 - Orange - Gone
    M3 E92 - Gone

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements