Audi R8 Forums banner

Radio trim for aftermarket install

216K views 884 replies 137 participants last post by  EuroBoutique 
#1 ·
Just for you r8 owners that wanted to change for factory head unit with a aftermarket unit such as pioneer, kenwood etc...

In Japan the factory head units are different and has a clean 2din install

So with this factory piece you can get a clean install of any aftermarket head unit

I'll attach the picture so you can see what it looks like
I think this part is only available with audi Japan but do not quote me on that

Attachments

See less See more
#31 · (Edited)
me 2 and Sirimport is not answering any questions or posts anymore. By far best bezel I seen so far...and I assume not that expensive either.
Can your friend not just go to the next audi dealer and try to order the part, part number/picture etc. you can find in the first post. From my experience with them the picture tells the dealer/Parts guy locally more then the part number if its a Fake/grey market part and they are good connected and know where to get the stuff. If you are successful please write me a PM with all the details, thank you.

#512 ·
Shardul, Are you still able to 3D print these bezels for both RHD and LHD? Estimate cost?

It's unlikely more of these bezels can be ordered from Audi Japan. Local Vin numbers are required and most have been used for the first group buy already.

#36 ·
I am looking for the same thing. If someone finds it, please post about it.:cool:

#41 ·
The part number(s) for LHD and RHD are in this thread.. Also if you google used Audi R8 in JAPAN you'll see every car has this bezel fitted and a different stereo. I'm guessing that audi don't do a japanese version of their RNSE (lucky Japan!). Part numbers are : J42-AE2-C12 (LHD) and J42-AE2-C14 (RHD)

#43 ·
Ok so the parts number from the previous post is correct. I wasn't sure because I tried searching using those numbers but nothing came up.

It also seems to be an exclusive part only for Japan and can't be ordered by dealers outside of this market. If your contact can source these, maybe set up a group buy for this forum. Cheers.

#46 ·
After a lot of trying I managed to get one of these delivered to New Zealand Audi from Audi Japan. It wasn't easy and they told me I got the last one they had in stock (cause I tried to order two). I suspect this is an end of line product now. I have since had it installed with an Alpine iLX-007 head unit, we got steering wheel controls working to the factory Audi wheel and we hooked it into the existing reversing camera on the 2008 Audi R8. Works like a dream..

So sorry nobody else has been able to source this unit.. Perhaps other smaller dealers in Japan will still have some old stock - although I have a Right hand Drive car so they are less common in Japan. Left Hand Drive car units may be still available.

#48 ·
That looks awesome. Nice work!

#49 ·
Sorry been away for a bit ... busy with work..
I had several mails about people wanting this part ... to clarify the part comes from Audi japan as you can see in the picture with the part number on it... that is for LHD... RHD is different part number....
I found out it is only available in japan and no where else because the r8 sold in japan from the dealership comes with a different head unit here

If anyone wants these send me a message I will go down to Audi next week to order some..
A couple members want me to pick them up and send it to them .

Happy R8ing

Attachments

#52 ·
Definitely keen on getting an RHD frame as well, and I haven't even collected my R8 yet.. so thats +1 here if anyone is able to source these items. (I'm located Brisbane / Australia)

#54 ·
Currently out of the country getting married... getting a massage at the moment actually lol
I'll be back in japan next week I'll let everyone know the price from Audi japan... I guess after that everyone let me know how many rhd and lhd they want and I'll put in the order

#61 ·
Pending price, I'd be interested in a LHD version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.