R8 Spyder Extended Warranty - Page 2


  1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

    Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: R8 Spyder Extended Warranty

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    7

    Re: R8 Spyder Extended Warranty

    It's my understanding that all Audi Dealers are able to sell the plan, as the Audi Extended Warranties are "in-house" now and not underwritten by a 3rd party. I contacted 2 dealerships to confirm this (in Illinois & North Carolina). I don't have a copy of the policy to post here, but the fine print was more comprehensive than the prior extended warranty previously available through the dealers.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    R-8
    R-8 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    363

    Re: R8 Spyder Extended Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWigglestick View Post
    I just spoke with an Audi dealer and they are now able to sell extended warranties on R8 Spyders again (as of Jan 2017). [b]The new policy directly through Audi (Platinum Plan) is even better than the prior Fidelity policy, as several items are now included (e.g. magnetic shocks, struts, etc..) [/b[

    Here's what I was quoted (on a 2014 R8 Spyder V10 with 15K miles)
    5 yr, 60K miles, $100 deductible: $4,975
    10 yr, 100K miles, $100 deductible $7,795
    Ok, so the plan that the Audi dealer sold to me in 2015 was called " Fidelity, Audi Pure Protection"... and now they want to go in house, and call it what??? Just "Audi Pure Protection"?

    Makes me wonder why VAG would do this, given the DieselGate has cost them billions... can they really handle doing this on their own??

  4. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    42

    Re: R8 Spyder Extended Warranty

    Great news - thanks for 2017 update. I recall there being some dealerships known to have superior pricing with the Fidelity plan - wonder if that's still the case.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    51

    Re: R8 Spyder Extended Warranty

    I have a 2014 V10 that comes out of warranty in July. They quoted me today through audi.....

    3 yr up to 70k miles $4104
    4yr to 80k miles $5144
    6yr up to 100K $6410

    It can be canceled and refunded if sold or traded. They are supposed to email it to me for review. If you want it PM me. If its not long I will post it.

  7. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    42

    Re: R8 Spyder Extended Warranty

    please post your mileage and dealership - thx

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssspyder View Post
    I have a 2014 V10 that comes out of warranty in July. They quoted me today through audi.....

    3 yr up to 70k miles $4104
    4yr to 80k miles $5144
    6yr up to 100K $6410

    It can be canceled and refunded if sold or traded. They are supposed to email it to me for review. If you want it PM me. If its not long I will post it.
    --

    2011 Ibis 5.2 6MT Spyder

    Hidden Content

  8. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    51

    Re: R8 Spyder Extended Warranty

    8200 miles

    Audi Pembroke Pines

    Contact-Mark Davis

  9. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    42

    Re: R8 Spyder Extended Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssspyder View Post
    8200 miles

    Audi Pembroke Pines

    Contact-Mark Davis
    As a follow-up, I contacted Mark Davis at Audi Pembroke. The extended warranty they would offer for my Spyder is not "in-house Audi" although it does seem very comprehensive - at the Platinum level, it is an exclusionary policy with a short list of wearables. The underwriter is called "The Warranty Group".

    The question remains: Is there yet a dealer offering the Audi-branded extended warranty on Spyders? I've sent emails out to Neil Brenner who previously had done deals for forum members - their team is not yet seeing a Spyder option.
    --

    2011 Ibis 5.2 6MT Spyder

    Hidden Content

  10. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    42

    Re: R8 Spyder Extended Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWigglestick View Post
    It's my understanding that all Audi Dealers are able to sell the plan, as the Audi Extended Warranties are "in-house" now and not underwritten by a 3rd party. I contacted 2 dealerships to confirm this (in Illinois & North Carolina). I don't have a copy of the policy to post here, but the fine print was more comprehensive than the prior extended warranty previously available through the dealers.
    Please specify the dealerships - I'd ultimately wish to buy an Audi-branded warranty if possible.
    --

    2011 Ibis 5.2 6MT Spyder

    Hidden Content

  11. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    51

    Re: R8 Spyder Extended Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by sclegend View Post
    As a follow-up, I contacted Mark Davis at Audi Pembroke. The extended warranty they would offer for my Spyder is not "in-house Audi" although it does seem very comprehensive - at the Platinum level, it is an exclusionary policy with a short list of wearables. The underwriter is called "The Warranty Group".

    The question remains: Is there yet a dealer offering the Audi-branded extended warranty on Spyders? I've sent emails out to Neil Brenner who previously had done deals for forum members - their team is not yet seeing a Spyder option.
    Thanks for this info. Please update if you find one as Im going to have to make a move soon.

  12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 R8 5.2L Spyder V10 with Extended Warranty
    By dhu in forum For Sale - Vehicles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2016, 11:18 AM
  2. Extended Warranty
    By wingman in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2016, 04:20 PM
  3. Extended warranty
    By Viper08 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM
  4. Extended warranty on used R8
    By Owners1 in forum Maintenance and Service
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 09:41 AM
  5. Extended Warranty!??
    By gaiex in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2