How low will they go? - Page 6

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: How low will they go?

Re: How low will they go?

This is one of the most breath-taking cars on the planet, no doubt. I think it will depreciate slower than most. However in the end its still a car and a depreciating asset. There is a lot of uncertainty in the world right now with respect to the various economies, etc. That may play a major roll in the value of the car (and everything else) going forward. I've been in the market for an r8 for a while now, however as a buyer I'm waiting to see what happens next year with our economy before I decide to make any major purchases other than my investments.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    This is one of the most breath-taking cars on the planet, no doubt. I think it will depreciate slower than most. However in the end its still a car and a depreciating asset. There is a lot of uncertainty in the world right now with respect to the various economies, etc. That may play a major roll in the value of the car (and everything else) going forward. I've been in the market for an r8 for a while now, however as a buyer I'm waiting to see what happens next year with our economy before I decide to make any major purchases other than my investments.
    I am in the same shoes as you and I also find myself wondering this from time to time... The economy is so unpredictable and really you shouldn't base your decision solely on how the economy is doing because that can change at any time
    Current:
    2010 Audi R8 V10 Coupe 6MT-White on Red
    GMG Exhaust | H&R Springs | H&R Spacers | Carbonio Intake | UniTronic ECU Upgrade| 15% Tints/50% Windshield|LED License Plate
    2013 Range Rover Sport-Black on Black
    Stock with 15% Tint & 50% Windshield

Previous:
    2013 Audi S4-White on Red
    2011 Range Rover Sport Autobiography-White on Red
    2008 M6 Coupe-White on Red
    2008 M3 Cab-White on Red

Quote Originally Posted by randombloke View Post
    you forgot to mention range, recharge time/availability, top speed and battery weight (and battery lifespan/disposal) - tesla are doing amazing things, but we're some way off any kind of tipping point.

Did'nt I read somehwere that theToyota Prius actually does more harm to the planet than any fossil fuel car due to the manufacture and disposal of the batteries? which only last a max of ten years?

Quote Originally Posted by mark25 View Post
    GTR is more expensive to maintain than an R8! R8 is bargain basement compared to a GTR! Way more regular service intervals and the cost of each service is higher! I agree the GTR isnt a head turner but compared to the V8 especially its so much of a car!

I can see some V8s going for 30K within a year tho which isnt a good sign
    A bit of an exaggeration I'd say. I didn't notice any kind of major difference in maintaining the two cost wise before I went crazy modifying the GTR.

Quote Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
    How come a used R8 V8 commands such a higher premium in the USA? They are around 90-95k USD for 08-09 and around 105-110k for 2010-11...
    One reason, fuel costs. UK petrol costs are proportionally high compared to the US. Simply put, the buyers in the used market typically can't afford the fuel costs of poor fuel economy cars and the original buyers that can have all have upgraded the the latest models. You'd be surprised how cheap you can get an M5 there too. One thing I don't miss about the homeland.
    R35 GTR Born : Tochigi, Japan F430 Born : Maranello, Italy R8 5.2 Born : Neckarsulm, Germany

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." - Winston Churchill

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure..." - Marianne Williamson

6. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements