How low will they go?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How low will they go?

How low will they go?

Has anyone thought to what value the V8 will drop to, before it bottoms out and then potentially starts to rise again?

I ask re the V8 as it's the original incarnation of the car and therefore may be the most sought after over time. Can never see an R8, no matter what version, will drop below $15,000, but I could be wrong. I guess comparing to similar cars in the past is the best way to predict future trends.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: How low will they go?

while a little less common, perhaps the NSX is an indication.
    Last edited by jk516696; 12-27-2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by andyhofer View Post
    Has anyone thought to what value the V8 will drop to, before it bottoms out and then potentially starts to rise again?

I ask re the V8 as it's the original incarnation of the car and therefore may be the most sought after over time. Can never see an R8, no matter what version, will drop below $15,000, but I could be wrong. I guess comparing to similar cars in the past is the best way to predict future trends.
    In my opinion, the closest comparison dealers make is to a Porsche 911 Turbo S, early non S turbo's have sttled around the 40-45K mark now. Although i dont think this car should be compared to the 911, since the production numbers are much lower and supply is even lower. I would think the F360 would be a better comparison since they both fall into the ultra sports car segment rather than "sports car" and production numbers but in fairness when looking at new pricing the V8 is closer to the 911 turbo S price tag and the V10 or Gt to what the 360 was new. I dont know, time will tell, im sure reliability and desirability will be much more of a driving force when the car hits the decade mark. From what i hear and see myself people tend to hold onto R8's more so than some others in its class.

Would it be fair to compare it to the Gallardo? Even 2004 models are not dropping much below 55K even tho they are now 8 years old.
    V10 - Silver / Black with full CF
    V8 - Orange - Gone
    M3 E92 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by mark25 View Post
    Would it be fair to compare it to the Gallardo? Even 2004 models are not dropping much below 55K even tho they are now 8 years old.
    Not sure if the Gallardo is a comparison, V8's in the UK without Cat V/C are on the market for 45k. They seem to be dropping by 1K per month I believe, but this depreciation has to slow down or stop at some point. Just wondered from peoples opinions, what that point might be.

I was intending to keep my car long term, but if the fall may take it below 20k, I may reconsider.

i think they will hit 25,000. no one in england wants big litre petrol cars as they cost to much run. The guys and girls with cash want new or newer cars. The other thing is as the cars get older and more millage the more wear and tear costs are going to go up.

I seriously do not ever envisage the r8 dropping that low no way,good 07 v8's with circa 25-30 k miles still start from high 40's and good low mileage 08's an 09's are mid to late 50's and they hav'nt moved from these levels for a couple of years.

Still the best least depreciation proof used car out there!

Think about it if they ever hit 25k then how much will e92 m3's and gtr's be 10k!!!
    Last edited by icebite78; 12-27-2012 at 09:32 AM.

A guy I know sold his for 36,500 as it sat up for sale at 40-42k for 6 months. was a 08 with about 40k on the clock.

I can tell you of people dumping 100k on f458's because they need out but that would not be a true reflection on the market just people's circumstances.

Good r8's will hold value as they are very desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by icebite78 View Post
    I can tell you of people dumping 100k on f458's because they need out but that would not be a true reflection on the market just people's circumstances.

Good r8's will hold value as they are very desirable.
    No thats about right when the 458 was new people was offering $370,000, now today would be very very lucky to see $250,000 so thats $120,000+ drop right there in 12 months. If a clean cars for sale for 6+ months and doesn't sell then its not worth the asking price a car is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Another thing that knocks the r8 sales is the GTR a 10 GTR will set you back $75,000 A 2009 R8 V8 will cost $85,000-$100,000 and the GTR will run rings around the R8 and it can get 4 people in.

Might be worth exporting them to china and india

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements