2012 Price and offer

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums Ė General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Price and offer

2012 Price and offer

A dealer is asking 173k for a 2012 white Audi r8 V10... What would be a good price to start negotiating on under the circumstances the new model is coming out soon?

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 2012 Price and offer

$25K off MSRP

If it's 173k it's either a spyder or r-tronic. If it's an r-tronic, ask for 30k off at least.

x2. Appears better discounts are on R-tronic.
    --------Current---------
    2012 R8 Coupe, 5.2L MT6, Suzuka Gray/Black w/red stitch, CF blades/mirrors, B&O, RS-Style Grille (Audi-OEM), Akrapovic exhaust, GMG 20" LMS Wheels, GMG Springs, SprintBooster, Xpel Wrap

--------Previous--------
    2012 R8 Spyder 4.2L MT6, Suzuka Gray/Black
    2006 Porsche 997 4S Cab MT6, Guards Red/Cocoa
    2004 Porsche 996 4S MT6, GT Silver/Black

Yeah Its a ibis white 2012 coupe r-tronic auto.. I was also by a few friends to start at 130k and work from there.. but I feel that's way to unrealistic to ask

Quote Originally Posted by danish428 View Post
    Yeah Its a ibis white 2012 coupe r-tronic auto.. I was also by a few friends to start at 130k and work from there.. but I feel that's way to unrealistic to ask
    Negotiating with a salesman is always easier than with a private party. Car salespeople are so disconnected from what they are selling that it's just a hunk of metal to them. A private seller is much more invested emotionally so they have unrealistic expectations and they take the process personally

The trick is to come in armed with information and resolve. There are a few threads discussing price here. Use the information where people have actually cut deals in the $25-30K range. On ebay there are some new and 400 mile type cars indicating those discounts. Tell the dealer that's what you beleive is the going rate. Therefore you will establish a starting point. Don't let them throw out the first price because then your $25K number will seem reasonable.

The keys in negotiating are attitude and keeping the ball in the air. So, you are friendly and just investigating. Explain to them about the 1 year depreciation hit you will be taking and some of the nice features you will miss by not ordering new.

Finally, the first thing I always do is make sure they have my business card. That way if the negotiation breaks down they have your number. No matter where you end the discussion there is a 90% chance you will get a call in 2 days

This is just what I have learned in 30 years of selling dealing with professional paid negotiation consultants that make the auto sales managers look like amatuers
    Last edited by omeletpants; 02-08-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omeletpants View Post
    Negotiating with a salesman is always easier than with a private party. Car salespeople are so disconnected from what they are selling that it's just a hunk of metal to them. A private seller is much more invested emotionally so they have unrealistic expectations and they take the process personally

The trick is to come in armed with information and resolve. There are a few threads discussing price here. Use the information where people have actually cut deals in the $25-30K range. On ebay there are some new and 400 mile type cars indicating those discounts. Tell the dealer that's what you beleive is the going rate. Therefore you will establish a starting point. Don't let them throw out the first price because then your $25K number will seem reasonable.

The keys in negotiating are attitude and keeping the ball in the air. So, you are friendly and just investigating. Explain to them about the 1 year depreciation hit you will be taking and some of the nice features you will miss by not ordering new.

Finally, the first thing I always do is make sure they have my business card. That way if the negotiation breaks down they have your number. No matter where you end the discussion there is a 90% chance you will get a call in 2 days

This is just what I have learned in 30 years of selling dealing with professional paid negotiation consultants that make the auto sales managers look like amatuers

Thank you so much that was very helpful!!.. So what figure would you start out with?

As the others said you make the first move
    Give your number and let them come back.

Quote Originally Posted by danish428 View Post
    Thank you so much that was very helpful!!.. So what figure would you start out with?
    Somewhere in the 25-30K range. In fact, I would also ask them to throw in Audi care.

Remember these guys are desperate to sell these 2012. They cant afford the monthly finance costs for these to sit on their lot and I have tracked many of them and they have been sitting forever. At my dealership they have a Red/black 6MT loaded that has sat in the same spot in the show room for 6 months. The guy that reference the car at Fletcher Audi in downtown Chicago indicates they are almost giving theirs away. I have dealt with Fletcher and they are not known as price friendly so it they are giving it away that says something about the market.

Remember you have the power which is to do nothing. Doing nothing is the most powerful force in all negotiations. The only reason they exist is to sell you a car. R8 production and sales has taken a dive in the last 6-8 months and those dealers are getting heavy pressure from the factory and their owners to sell 2012 inventory

Smile and say you will think about it and walk away. You will hear from them in 2 days.
    Last edited by omeletpants; 02-08-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omeletpants View Post
    Somewhere in the 25-30K range. In fact, I would also ask them to throw in Audi care.

Remember these guys are desperate to sell these 2012. They cant afford the monthly finance costs for these to sit on their lot and I have tracked many of them and they have been sitting forever. At my dealership they have a Red/black 6MT loaded that has sat in the same spot in the show room for 6 months. The guy that reference the car at Fletcher Audi in downtown Chicago indicates they are almost giving theirs away. I have dealt with Fletcher and they are not known as price friendly so it they are giving it away that says something about the market.

Remember you have the power which is to do nothing. Doing nothing is the most powerful force in all negotiations. The only reason they exist is to sell you a car. R8 production and sales has taken a dive in the last 6-8 months and those dealers are getting heavy pressure from the factory and their owners to sell 2012 inventory

Smile and say you will think about it and walk away. You will hear from them in 2 days.

well said...100% on it!
    Current:
    2010 Audi R8 V10 Coupe 6MT-White on Red
    GMG Exhaust | H&R Springs | H&R Spacers | Carbonio Intake | UniTronic ECU Upgrade| 15% Tints/50% Windshield|LED License Plate
    2013 Range Rover Sport-Black on Black
    Stock with 15% Tint & 50% Windshield

Previous:
    2013 Audi S4-White on Red
    2011 Range Rover Sport Autobiography-White on Red
    2008 M6 Coupe-White on Red
    2008 M3 Cab-White on Red

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements