New snag list in my v8.

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New snag list in my v8.

New snag list in my v8.

Guys I am having these real annoying issues creep up in my car. The new one is that when I put in my Air Con, the rpm slightly blips down and them stabilizes. It then remains fine. And this phenomenon does not happen all the time. Say 30% of the times. Can you guys confirm this issue happens in your cars?

Also I notice a significant power loss (acceleration mainly)when the air con is on vs off. I sometimes feel the difference to be quite huge even in sport mode and even with ESP off.

Is this normal?
    Last edited by Zkalra; 02-13-2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: TYPO

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: New snag list in my v8.

Engine rpm do dip - this is due to the effort needed to drive the compressor. How much depends on the difference between the external temperate and internal demand set on the dial.

Cant say i've noticed a "significant power loss" when the air con is on vs off

Quote Originally Posted by blackspyder View Post
    Engine rpm do dip - this is due to the effort needed to drive the compressor. How much depends on the difference between the external temperate and internal demand set on the dial.

Cant say i've noticed a "significant power loss" when the air con is on vs off
    Thanks.
    Strange that I feel a general heaviness in the vehicle when the air con is on and also a general and sometimes quite significant sense of lethargy.

Dude you live in India so chances are its hot as hell outside and your A/C has to run full blast, causing a loss in power. That is normal for any car!

2012 Audi R8 5.2| 6MT| Suzuka Gray| Red stitching| CF sideblades| CF mirrors| CF interior| Enhanced leather| Illuminated sills| Sport steering wheel| White Instrument Cluster| Larini Clubsport Valved| Akra wireless valve kit| GMG springs| Klassen M52R| Michelin PSS| Satin black badges & Front Grill| Llumar CTX 30| XPel Ultimate
    2012 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige| Moonlight Blue| Nougat
    Next: BMW X5 35d
    Previous toys: e82 1M| 997TT| e92 M3| 997 C2S| e46 M3 coupe| e46 M3 cabrio

Quote Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
    Dude you live in India so chances are its hot as hell outside and your A/C has to run full blast, causing a loss in power. That is normal for any car!
    Thanks Punjabi. And I do realize that. But this is different. The impact seems to be a lot more than usual. My 2012 RS5 prior to this did not have this issue. And I am not sure if you are aware but its February and India is in the northern hemisphere. Meaning the summer isn't here yet and night-time temperatures get to the low single digits. Its not that hot outside (20 C during the afternoon) and even if the temperature is set to something like 25 degrees i still feel some sort of heaviness and general sense of lethargy from the car.

I guess what i want to know is that is this normal and do you guys feel this as well? Thanks.

A dip is normal when you switch it on with a V8/V10.

However the other symptoms you describe are not.

I live in a Hot Humid Climate and have not suffered any heaviness or lethargy in performance.

When I am on the race track... I sometimes run with the air con on and my lap times stay the same and the car feels no different in handling or performance.

[B]2011 R8 V10 COUPE | PHANTOM BLACK PEARL | A.W.E. SWITCHABLE VALVE EXHAUST |H&R SPRINGS | K&N AIR FILTERS | SPRINTBOOSTER |6 SPEED MANUAL[/B]

PREVIOUS LOVES

R8 2010 V10 SPYDER
    R8 2008 V8 COUPE
    2010 Nissan R35 Mod GTR

I just want to say congratulations Zakalra for making a completely insane choice of car given the prevailing driving conditions. Love India, love to drive around India, never tried to do it in an R8. That must be worth a video .. and I'll do you one of the R8 in Swampland traffic !

Quote Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
    Guys I am having these real annoying issues creep up in my car. The new one is that when I put in my Air Con, the rpm slightly blips down and them stabilizes. It then remains fine. And this phenomenon does not happen all the time. Say 30% of the times. Can you guys confirm this issue happens in your cars?

Also I notice a significant power loss (acceleration mainly)when the air con is on vs off. I sometimes feel the difference to be quite huge even in sport mode and even with ESP off.

Is this normal?

PS The power loss issue can be easily compensated by adding a TT set up. Whether that makes any sense in India is entirely up to you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by SaigonR8 View Post
    PS The power loss issue can be easily compensated by adding a TT set up. Whether that makes any sense in India is entirely up to you, sir.
    I know and am really tempted but truth be told, even the V8 is plentiful for most places in India, barring the new highways. Our roads and traffic conditions are simply not suitable for these kinds of speeds though the occasional quick getaway from a traffic light at insane speeds is probably worth the price of admission no?

Quote Originally Posted by SaigonR8 View Post
    I just want to say congratulations Zakalra for making a completely insane choice of car given the prevailing driving conditions. Love India, love to drive around India, never tried to do it in an R8. That must be worth a video .. and I'll do you one of the R8 in Swampland traffic !
    Done. I shall get to work on it and await yours too. The Americans and Europeans here are sure going to find it quite different from their traffic scenarios.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements