How about this one guys?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about this one guys?

How about this one guys?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

I plan on going to see the dealer this weekend, and showing my S5. I asked the salesman if they could do 92,500, and he wasn't crazy about the idea. Any advise going in? Do you think it looks like a good buy?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: How about this one guys?

Black with brown leather interior, awesome combination.

You'll never go wrong with black in an R8, really brings out the beauty of the car.

First, I love the Tuscan interior. A change from the standard Audi black and it looks better in person. But look for wear on the seat cushions and bolsters. From the pictures it looks a little like it might be reaching the tipping point on where the leather is looking a bit tired.

I would stick to your guns on pricing. This car doesnt have the carbon interior bits nor the engine bay, so it's a bit stripped down. Also, there probably isnt any factory warranty left. Not sure he is going to have a lot of customers lined up

Yeah, I hear ya. Looks like a big dude must have owned for the seat to look like that after only 13,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by MQuattro View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya. Looks like a big dude must have owned for the seat to look like that after only 13,000 miles
    Yeah, all that stuff matter.

In a sales negotiation class they teach you that each party has an urgent need. We want to buy the car but they really need to sell it. Not like there are tons of buyers lined up to spend $95K on a used car, no warranty and 13K miles. Considering when they get this car they normally go to their list of in-house prospects and offer them the car first. Obviously, none of them were interested.

So, you have more leverage than you think. If you cant get it for your price smile, shake his hand and leave. Then wait till he calls you in a day or so and he will. He needs to keep the ball in the air because you may be his only prospect and he doesnt want some other sales guy to sell it

I spoke the them about this car. It is not certified at that price. I would only buy from an audi dealer if it was certified. But that is just me.

R8's seats are not at the expected level of quality for a supercar ! But they are comfortable during long trips. I suspect the previous owners were not too "agile" for entering the car and did short trips rather long ones.

Are you looking specifically for black and MT6? There was a 2012 V8 MT6 coupe with 3+ years of warranty left advertised for $105K on here very recently. Regardless, that should put some perspective on pricing.

The price advertised shows Audi Certification - hold them to the ad. It costs $5K to certify an R8. If it isn't certified, they should be able to sell it for $5K less than advertised.

If you have time, get a couple other dealers to give you a buy figure for your trade. CarMax is another good source, or you can use KBB and look at "Good" and "Fair" pricing. This is an easy way to get real wholesale numbers for your car and provides you with actual numbers to work from going in. That way you'll know if they're lowballing your trade to make up money on the deal.
    --------Current---------
    2012 R8 Coupe, 5.2L MT6, Suzuka Gray/Black w/red stitch, CF blades/mirrors, B&O, RS-Style Grille (Audi-OEM), Akrapovic exhaust, GMG 20" LMS Wheels, GMG Springs, SprintBooster, Xpel Wrap

--------Previous--------
    2012 R8 Spyder 4.2L MT6, Suzuka Gray/Black
    2006 Porsche 997 4S Cab MT6, Guards Red/Cocoa
    2004 Porsche 996 4S MT6, GT Silver/Black

Senior Member Professional_Slacker's Avatar

show up at the dealership with 3 semi dump truck loads of pennies. then tell them, they can give you the car for whats in the trucks or you can just dump them in the parking lot and let them worry about the mess, it's their choice.
    2012 R8 5.2 FSI
    -Daytona Grey
    -Sigma CF package
    -Titanium package
    -MT6

is the R8 brown leather called Tuscan Brown or Mustang Brown?
    Current:
    2010 Audi R8 V10 Coupe 6MT-White on Red
    GMG Exhaust | H&R Springs | H&R Spacers | Carbonio Intake | UniTronic ECU Upgrade| 15% Tints/50% Windshield|LED License Plate
    2013 Range Rover Sport-Black on Black
    Stock with 15% Tint & 50% Windshield

Previous:
    2013 Audi S4-White on Red
    2011 Range Rover Sport Autobiography-White on Red
    2008 M6 Coupe-White on Red
    2008 M3 Cab-White on Red

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements