1st Gen Depreciation

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Gen Depreciation

1st Gen Depreciation

Just checked the value of my car on edmunds, and it says its between 125k-136k. Does this seem correct?

Below is the specs of my car.

2015 V10 Plus in Samoa orange metallic with 2400 Miles. Purchased in April 2016
    Options:
    B&O sound
    Sport exhaust
    Full leather interior with custom contrast stitching
    Alcantara headliner

My second question would be; how much lower will it go if I put say 5K miles on it each year for the next 6 years?
    I'm asking because I'm trying to see if I should just turn this into a track only car in 6 years, or trade/sell it before, and put less miles each year.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 1st Gen Depreciation

value sounds about right

6 years is really hard to tell.10-12 V10 is currently about 80-90k, so maybe right around 80k in 6 years? it also depends how fast the 17 r8 and huracan depreciates, and what all other cars are depreciating in the same league (NSX, 458, 430, 570s, 12C etc.).
    2012 R8 V10 (k&n, Kline, VF ECU&TCU)
    2013 981B (k&n)
    2013 991S
    2007 F430 Spider F1
    2011 IS-F (borla, Afe)

Some data points from car.com:

- 35 V10 / V10 Plus facelift cars for sale in all of the US. High price of $159k, low price of $115k. Bulk of them appear to be in the $125k - $135k range.

- 132 V10 Pre-facelift ('10 - '12) cars for sale in all of the US. High price of $142k, low price of $80k. Bulk of them appear to be in the $90k - $115k range with $100k representing roughly the median of the listings.

Cars on the outlying ends of these ranges are unusual in their own ways - very high mileage, modified, poor condition cars pulling up the low ends, and special, low-mileage, exclusive, and the like carrying the few on the very high end.

I'd expect that your car is in the $130k range right now. These cars have depreciated quite slowly, and it's questionable how much lower they'll go on the lower end of the current pre-facelift listings. I would imagine they'd bottom out around $60k - $70k on the absolute low end (if they got that low)... but I'm not sure they will. I expect they'll sit at some kind of bottom (low target $60k, upper target $80k) for a few years before starting to appreciate - you know, when getting a naturally aspirated mid-mount V10 supercar becomes impossible.

Same advice I'd give every gen-1 R8 owner: keep it. If you have the space in your garage, and it's not otherwise a burden, I think you'll be glad to have it.
    2015 Audi R8 V10 S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

There is some depreciation data in this thread:

2014 Audi R8 V8 vs. Porsche C4S

General expectation for year 1 depreciation is 18.41%

Given your low miles, that would probably be less.

Although a color like Samoa orange, which is not a "general appeal" color like Ibis White, Dakota Gray, or Ice Metallic Silver, would probably negate the low miles benefit.

At the end of 5 years, so long as you haven't exceeded 75K miles, you be looking at 40% total depreciation.

All of this being said, things like the number of used 2017 Gen2 R8's on the market would drive the value of Gen1's down.

Based on what is on CarGuru's, your car is probably between $140K-$150K.

an important spec is the whether it's manual or auto

price discrepancy between some modern classics having both options (NSX, 911, 430) are pretty big with the manuals commanding sometimes 30%+ in value.

at this point, the R8 has yet to show a significant difference (especially on the later models)...but given that production of the gated manual has pretty much ceased, you can expect that enthusiasts will be searching far and wide for the remaining naturally aspirated v10s matched to 3 pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by knight51 View Post
    Just checked the value of my car on edmunds, and it says its between 125k-136k. Does this seem correct?

Below is the specs of my car.

2015 V10 Plus in Samoa orange metallic with 2400 Miles. Purchased in April 2016
    Options:
    B&O sound
    Sport exhaust
    Full leather interior with custom contrast stitching
    Alcantara headliner

My second question would be; how much lower will it go if I put say 5K miles on it each year for the next 6 years?
    I'm asking because I'm trying to see if I should just turn this into a track only car in 6 years, or trade/sell it before, and put less miles each year.
    --

2011 Ibis 5.2 6MT Spyder

Hidden Content

Thanks for the input everyone. As some have said, it's too early to tell what the value will be. I think for now my plan is to keep it long term. It will be a said day when NA V10s are obsolete. I was worried about putting miles on it but it seems like you can't win with how the depreciation hits these cars.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Knight,
    Is it a M/T or S-Tronic?

Quote Originally Posted by knight51 View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone. As some have said, it's too early to tell what the value will be. I think for now my plan is to keep it long term. It will be a said day when NA V10s are obsolete. I was worried about putting miles on it but it seems like you can't win with how the depreciation hits these cars.

The Lambo guys are saying they will stay big motor forever which is good for audi so we can get the little big motor. With as manny hybrid cars as there are coming I think the v10 is safe for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so, I love the sound of a NA V10. And mines a s-tronic @fiorano57

Thanks for sharing the information.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast