Buying a 2014 R8 - Questions for you experts.. Price/Mods/Etc

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a 2014 R8 - Questions for you experts.. Price/Mods/Etc

Question Buying a 2014 R8 - Questions for you experts.. Price/Mods/Etc

First, hello everyone I'm new and happy to be a future R8 owner. I'm currently looking at either the 2014 V8 Coupe, or the V10 Coupe. I'm coming from a 2013 C63.
    I'm in Toronto, Canada. I'll ask a few questions about ordering the car, modding the car, and advice on price.
    I apologize in advance for an ambiguity, it's a result of the terribly confusing and conflicting answers I've been given be several Audi Sales Reps in Toronto.
    Please answer any of the questions you can.

Pre-order
    ● I dislike the new wave rotors. Other than the v10 does anyone know if Audi would give me normal rotors on a v8. So far the answer is no.
    ● Can I customize the stitching color on the interior of the diamond quilted? Example - it comes black with white stitching, I want black with black stitching.
    ● Has anyone had success ordering the car with red callipers?

Modifications

● What mod/work, needs to be done to make the rear tailights area and the space in-between look like the V10. I plan on ordering the car in white, and on the V8 without the black in the middle I think it looks basic/cheap. I'm considering doing vinyl? Help! That's killing me right now!

Price
    ● Audi Select Finance is the best option for me (keep the cash in your pocket as often as possible)- In Canada, they are giving a $10,000 discount promotion. This dealer is taking off an additional $7,500 and throwing in Audi Care. My payment would be $1,990/m with 10,000 due on delivery. Options included on quote below.

Is this a good deal?

Here is the quote - Quote_999999.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Buying a 2014 R8 - Questions for you experts.. Price/Mods/Etc

I too am coming from a C63. Mine just arrived at port and am waiting delivery of it. Incredibly long wait!

I'm not sure if Canadian specs differ when it comes to your questions but every time I wanted to do something different than what was offered online I was told no. This has to be the biggest disappointment in ordering a car of this caliber. Most other cars in this league have multiple ways of customization. Nonetheless, my understanding is that the new wave rotors dissipate heat better and resist warping better and save some weight as well.

I wish we had the 10k promotion here in the US! Good luck with your purchase!
    2014 R8 V10 White S-tronic
    2009 C 63 AMG - gone
    2008 GS 350 - gone
    2005 E55 AMG - gone

Quote Originally Posted by buyaka View Post
    First, hello everyone I'm new and happy to be a future R8 owner. I'm currently looking at either the 2014 V8 Coupe, or the V10 Coupe. I'm coming from a 2013 C63.
    I'm in Toronto, Canada. I'll ask a few questions about ordering the car, modding the car, and advice on price.
    I apologize in advance for an ambiguity, it's a result of the terribly confusing and conflicting answers I've been given be several Audi Sales Reps in Toronto.
    Please answer any of the questions you can.

Pre-order
    ● I dislike the new wave rotors. Other than the v10 does anyone know if Audi would give me normal rotors on a v8. So far the answer is no.
    ● Can I customize the stitching color on the interior of the diamond quilted? Example - it comes black with white stitching, I want black with black stitching.
    ● Has anyone had success ordering the car with red callipers?

Modifications

● What mod/work, needs to be done to make the rear tailights area and the space in-between look like the V10. I plan on ordering the car in white, and on the V8 without the black in the middle I think it looks basic/cheap. I'm considering doing vinyl? Help! That's killing me right now!

Price
    ● Audi Select Finance is the best option for me (keep the cash in your pocket as often as possible)- In Canada, they are giving a $10,000 discount promotion. This dealer is taking off an additional $7,500 and throwing in Audi Care. My payment would be $1,990/m with 10,000 due on delivery. Options included on quote below.

Is this a good deal?

Here is the quote - Attachment 20641
    I tried to get red calipers on my car as in the gt model, audi couldn't accomodate. If you just want them painted red, I doubt you could get that done through audi.

Not sure why you would want black with black stitching but maybe audi exclusive could help there, although I wouldn't want to go through audi exclusive for something so minor.

No idea on the rear space, i'd inquire at audi for the part and whats required to install it.
    2012 S4 Ibis White S Tronic
    2012 R8 V8 Phantom black 6 Speed Manual (sold)
    2014 R8 V10 Suzuka Grey 6 Speed Manual (sold)
    2015 Ferrari 458 Italia, Tour De France Blue
    2016 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 Spring 2016 delivery

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AccelR8 View Post
    I tried to get red calipers on my car as in the gt model, audi couldn't accomodate. If you just want them painted red, I doubt you could get that done through audi.

Not sure why you would want black with black stitching but maybe audi exclusive could help there, although I wouldn't want to go through audi exclusive for something so minor.

No idea on the rear space, i'd inquire at audi for the part and whats required to install it.

Black quilted with black stitching looks incredible.

What do you guys think of the discount I'm getting 17,500. Is that a good deal?

Black quilted with black stitching looks incredible.

What do you guys think of the discount I'm getting 17,500. Is that a good deal?

Yes!! $7500 is already a heavy discount that extra 10k from Audi is just icing on the cake
    Current:
    2015 Mercedes -Benz SL63- Black on Black
    2017 Range Rover TD6- White on Ivory

Gone, but not forgotten:
    2010 Audi R8 V10 Coupe 6MT-White on Red

That is a very generous discount, I wish I received something close to that when I purchased the car three + years ago. I thinkyou shshould jump on that as soon as you can. As for the interior audi exclusive can probably help you with that

good discount, beat me by $1500, and my car was 230K before discounts.
    Last edited by AccelR8; 12-01-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    2012 S4 Ibis White S Tronic
    2012 R8 V8 Phantom black 6 Speed Manual (sold)
    2014 R8 V10 Suzuka Grey 6 Speed Manual (sold)
    2015 Ferrari 458 Italia, Tour De France Blue
    2016 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 Spring 2016 delivery

Is the car currently in inventory in Canada, or is it a new custom order you're placing? If it's a new order, it's an amazing deal (they usually deal a bit more to move existing inventory).

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo1 View Post
    Is the car currently in inventory in Canada, or is it a new custom order you're placing? If it's a new order, it's an amazing deal (they usually deal a bit more to move existing inventory).
    it's a new car order

it's a new car order
    Then it's an amazing deal, especially since it's not a Spyder or V10 Plus, meaning the percentage discount on the total list price is very good. Looks like a Pfaff quote form. That's a very good price from them (great dealer). Go for it, and enjoy!

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast