Gearbox malfunction - Page 5

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Gearbox malfunction

Re: Gearbox malfunction

Quote Originally Posted by Digas View Post
    Oh my! It has nothing to do with what happened. As you don't tell me how the r-tronic is working. I will asume that you had an overheat prob. That means the auto-hydr lost bar pressure. A simple advice, when many time stoped (with engine on) always engage 1st gear 2 or 3 times before going to reverse! Why? because 1st is the gear takes less pressure to engage, reverse is what it takes most (at least 20% more). That way you make sure the fluids mix is rich enought to creat the right pressure and engage reverse..

You could damage some dents when forcing reverse.. it could be half way, that means your car will jump brutally into reverse
    Digas, great thanks to you!

Hopefully dents are okay cause when this glitch appears my car jumps brutally regardless of 1st or 2nd gear... Do you think clutch could cause this?

P.S.: Appears you work for AG, don’t you?!
    AUDI R8 4.2 Ibis White Carbon
    PORSCHE 911 turbo Guards RED
    Mitsubishi Evo VIII Stage I Raven
    Moscow outlaw gang.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Levan View Post
    Digas, great thanks to you!

Hopefully dents are okay cause when this glitch appears my car jumps brutally regardless of 1st or 2nd gear... Do you think clutch could cause this?

P.S.: Appears you work for AG, don’t you?!
    Hi again,

I'm a mech engineer. Many years now at car industry. Started at OGMA doing airplanes maintenance. Fired from ferrari a few months ago as I did not signed their last project. The car cabin needed to be 8centimeters smaller in my oppinion. They didn't agree as they think car as a marketing product. I wont sign a project that I don't think it's well done.

Since I don't have a contract anymore I can give advices and talk at foruns. When you have a contract you can't do it. They are very specific and say you can't participate in foruns or whatever.

I'm pretty sick right now with Flue A.. I take some time to help.

About your car, your prob isn't in the clutch itself! Your problem is in automated hydraulic arm that does the clutch work. The arm isn't getting enought bar pressure to do a perfect clutch work. The problem is at your local dealer they will make a check and everything will be fine. If it keeps happening that means you lost bar pressure permanently and sooner or later you'll have a broker r-tronic. You have to make them check the ATF automatic transmission fliud.. REMEMBER, NOT OIL! It's fluids in this case

If I wasn't sick I would check your car myself :O)

Hugs

I think we have something to do with oil overheating.
    Have a look what my transmittion intercooler looks like

Moscow outlaw gang.

Levan, I would be REALLY REALLY careful taking advice from someone diagnosing your car remotely. Disclaimer, I am NOT an engineer but Digas talks about needing ATF but the R8 R-Tronic hydraulic unit takes 'Audi Part Number G 004 000 Power Steering/Hydraulic fluid' so beware until you get checked out by an R8 tech....
    Best Regards, Ian

"I've run out of plastic to replace with C/F, onto the aluminium bits...."

09 Ibis White/Carbon Roof - C/F Interior and anything that doesn't move.

Give the Tech a break..he has flu-A . ATF is a hydraulik fluid with dye to make it recogniseable. (In the states). And WOW that cooler is hidden!! Now you see the benefits of a high pressure washer?? \"/ So far TECHY gets an "A" in my book. With all our input combined ,Levan in Moscow,you'll be all righted. Where is the clutch actuator fluid reservoir ? Does it share the fluid with some other function.
    GONE-BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN '8,R8 V8,Paddles,Mag ride,Jet-Blue/Carbon blades,Smoke chrome OEM 5 spokes & Lambo S.L. whls,Miltek exh.PPI Steering whl,rear wing,front grill,air filter kit.C.F.interior trim,V10 sideskirts,premium black leather,B&O,navi,camara. KEEPURSHINEYSIDEUP/STICKYSIDEDOWN VIDEO:R8 in CANYON video ... janerinsurance.com/r8 ...\"/

Quote Originally Posted by harrison View Post
    Give the Tech a break..he has flu-A . ATF is a hydraulik fluid with dye to make it recogniseable. (In the states). And WOW that cooler is hidden!! Now you see the benefits of a high pressure washer?? "/ So far TECHY gets an "A" in my book. With all our input combined ,Levan in Moscow,you'll be all righted. Where is the clutch actuator fluid reservoir ? Does it share the fluid with some other function.
    I have no idea to be honest where is it.

Do you really think high pressure is okay for the radiator? Moreover, the oil-cooler is above the mudguard.

Levan
    Moscow outlaw gang.

Once you get that mud gard clean and clear,an occasional blast will keep air flowing. Who knows, it might help. \"/
    GONE-BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN '8,R8 V8,Paddles,Mag ride,Jet-Blue/Carbon blades,Smoke chrome OEM 5 spokes & Lambo S.L. whls,Miltek exh.PPI Steering whl,rear wing,front grill,air filter kit.C.F.interior trim,V10 sideskirts,premium black leather,B&O,navi,camara. KEEPURSHINEYSIDEUP/STICKYSIDEDOWN VIDEO:R8 in CANYON video ... janerinsurance.com/r8 ...\"/

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements