Tracking the production of an ordered car

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracking the production of an ordered car

Tracking the production of an ordered car

Does anyone have the link(if there even is one) to tracking the production of an ordered car. We have an e-mail into our salesman on it, but no response yet. We'd love to be able to track the process of our new V10 Spyder and we do have an order #. We were given a build date of May 31.
    BMW has a website where we can track an order from order date to delivery and we had hoped Audi does as well. Thanks in advance!
    2009 R8-Ice Silver/Carbon blade-6spd (sold)

2006 F430 Ferrari-spider-F1 (sold)
    2009 AM DBS
    2011 V10 R8 Spyder-6spd
    2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 3.5is
    1967 BB Corvette Stingray

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Tracking the production of an ordered car

I do not believe Audi has anything for tracking (maybe the dealers can access it but we can't).

This was kind of frustrating for me since it was very difficult obtaining any reasonably accurate date for what the ETA/delivery would be (it ended up being a moving target even after we know the production week).
    '10 Audi R8 V10 (daytona gray pearl effect, CF sideblades, titanium finish wheels, STaSIS exhaust/ECU)
    '12 Tesla Model S Signature Performance
    '11 Cadillac Escalade ESV
    '06 Lexus RX 400h
    '03 Chevy Corvette 50th Anniversary
    '94 Dodge Viper
    '69 Chevy Camaro SS/RS

Thanks for your quick reply, although it was not the ans. I had hoped for

That is frustrating...especially since we do have an order with BMW and can access their website at any given time for updates.

We've been told by Audi to expect the car in August. Don't think we will hold our breath tho

2009 AM DBS
    2011 V10 R8 Spyder-6spd
    2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 3.5is

Even the dealers seem a bit clueless on when they will be getting the cars. There have been many posts with people asking their dealership when they should see the car and hearing "oh a month or so" and the car showing up much sooner or sometimes later. Seemed like info about parts shortage or shipping delays are not shared well.
    It would be nice if they offered a website that you could track the production and transit.

Good luck.

I have to admit, so far, the dealership has done a good job of keeping us in the loop. They informed of us of the date the first day Audi would accept an order for the Spyder. Then e-mailed us again when they submitted the order, again when the order was accepted w/ the order #, again when the build date was posted. And just recently when we could expect the car. So, I guess we have no room to complain as of yet.

2009 AM DBS
    2011 V10 R8 Spyder-6spd
    2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 3.5is

ShelbyGirl1, I have been tracking the progress of my Spyder through Audi UK R8 division, i made a contact there by picking up the phone, giving them my name and order details, i have then been able to keep in contact via e-mail, two weeks ago my car was at checkpoint 7 awaiting final inspection, it has now left the factory and should be with the dealer within 2 weeks, when i spoke to the dealer about this to sort my private registration plate and tracker out he seemed surprised as he hadnt been imformed! but he said it was quite normal for customers to get info on progress before them if they are proactive in talking with the R8 team.

Perhaps there is such a team in the USA? if not, i could give you my contact who could maybe tell you who to talk to?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey boy UK View Post
    ShelbyGirl1, I have been tracking the progress of my Spyder through Audi UK R8 division, i made a contact there by picking up the phone, giving them my name and order details, i have then been able to keep in contact via e-mail, two weeks ago my car was at checkpoint 7 awaiting final inspection, it has now left the factory and should be with the dealer within 2 weeks, when i spoke to the dealer about this to sort my private registration plate and tracker out he seemed surprised as he hadnt been imformed! but he said it was quite normal for customers to get info on progress before them if they are proactive in talking with the R8 team.

Perhaps there is such a team in the USA? if not, i could give you my contact who could maybe tell you who to talk to?

Cheers
    Thank you MB! Where did you find the contact #? I've searched the Audi website and owners manuals and have found nothing on a "R8 Team", although I know I've heard/read that phrase before. I did just email Audi Customer Relations with my request, so we'll see what that brings.

2009 AM DBS
    2011 V10 R8 Spyder-6spd
    2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 3.5is

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
    Thank you MB! Where did you find the contact #? I've searched the Audi website and owners manuals and have found nothing on a "R8 Team", although I know I've heard/read that phrase before. I did just email Audi Customer Relations with my request, so we'll see what that brings.
    Just PM'd you my contact, good luck!

The U.S. R8 Team is at 866-892-2834.

I've been told that the U. S. R8 team is reachable at (800) 822-2834, option 4. This may be the same contact line as given by hmp10.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements