Shelby GT500 faster than Audi R8 V10?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shelby GT500 faster than Audi R8 V10?

Shelby GT500 faster than Audi R8 V10?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Shelby GT500 faster than Audi R8 V10?

Wow - obviously a total Ford lover and maybe has a little bit of heart for the Lotus.

What a (not) wonderfully written article.
    Yellow Dog Racing
    2011 Samoa Orange V8 R-tronic

Exclamation Re: Shelby GT500 faster than Audi R8 V10?

It's rear wheel drive still and probably could never keep up with an R8 in the twisties.(without TONS of suspension work).
    GONE-BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN '8,R8 V8,Paddles,Mag ride,Jet-Blue/Carbon blades,Smoke chrome OEM 5 spokes & Lambo S.L. whls,Miltek exh.PPI Steering whl,rear wing,front grill,air filter kit.C.F.interior trim,V10 sideskirts,premium black leather,B&O,navi,camara. KEEPURSHINEYSIDEUP/STICKYSIDEDOWN VIDEO:R8 in CANYON video ... janerinsurance.com/r8 ...\"/

For this guy a wanker sums it up pretty well

2011 R8 V10 COUPE | PHANTOM BLACK PEARL | A.W.E. SWITCHABLE VALVE EXHAUST |H&R SPRINGS | K&N AIR FILTERS | SPRINTBOOSTER |6 SPEED MANUAL

I HANG OUT HERE
    http://www.brisbanesupercarclub.com.au/articles/

RECENT LOVES
    R8 2010 V10 SPYDER
    R8 2008 V8 COUPE
    2010 Nissan R35 Mod GTR

Facts are facts but the adjectives this guy uses do not sound very impartial (or professional).

"... the benign BMW M3 (3:05.4), the weak Porsche Cayman S (3:05.8), the fat Jaguar XKR (3:06.4), the awful Audi S4 (3:10.8), the girly Audi TT-S (3:08.4), the overpriced Nissan Nismo 370Z (3:12.0), the lightweight Lotus Exige S (3:05.0) and even the goofy VW Golf GTI"
    '10 Audi R8 V10 (daytona gray pearl effect, CF sideblades, titanium finish wheels, STaSIS exhaust/ECU)
    '12 Tesla Model S Signature Performance
    '11 Cadillac Escalade ESV
    '06 Lexus RX 400h
    '03 Chevy Corvette 50th Anniversary
    '94 Dodge Viper
    '69 Chevy Camaro SS/RS

Then there's the neanderthal dialogue following the piece for your entertainment ...
    Doug Buchanan ... '08 4.2 R-Tronic with STaSIS S/C in Jet Blue; Oxy Silver sideblades; Limestone Grey interior
    Carbon credits ... via SMART four-two
    Previous machines ... a variety of Porsches (E, SC, 930, 993)

It is a fact of life that lots of people just don't get it with regard to the R8 and other cars in its class. They have a particular way of defining the merits of a car, such as 0-60 times. The worth of an entire vehicle to them is defined in that one number. They are not willing or capable of looking at an overall experience that a vehicle delivers. This guy is clearly in that league.

Asking him to judge or assess an R8, is like playing Mozart to a cow and then asking for a concert review.

sounds like someone who posts like this to draw attention to their site by sparking debate on other car forums.
    Current: SLK 55 AMG
    Previous: R8 V10 r-tronic: ice silver / carbon blades / grey alcantara (2011)
    R8 V8 r-tronic: mugello blue (2008) / Bmw M6 (SMG III) / Bmw e46 M3 (SMG II) / A5 3.0tdi

Quote Originally Posted by randombloke View Post
    sounds like someone who posts like this to draw attention to their site by sparking debate on other car forums.
    Absolutely. Traffic trumps quality and integrity. I won't be returning to his site, as I don't want to contribute to his stats any more than I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by kthacher View Post
    It is a fact of life that lots of people just don't get it with regard to the R8 and other cars in its class. They have a particular way of defining the merits of a car, such as 0-60 times. The worth of an entire vehicle to them is defined in that one number. They are not willing or capable of looking at an overall experience that a vehicle delivers. This guy is clearly in that league.

Asking him to judge or assess an R8, is like playing Mozart to a cow and then asking for a concert review.
    Couldn't have said it better! I just purchased the new 335is and was thinking why I now need the R8 since I feel the "is" would easily hang with it 0 to 60. Then I get in and drive it after the BMW, and I get my answer as stated above.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements