Audi R8 Forums banner

Red Seats

4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  9005rpm 
#1 ·
Hi all,

First post from me and I am looking for advice on a prospective purchase in the UK.

I am considering a silver car with red seats, and normal side blades. The car has mag-ride and B&O, which I think are important.

Red seats would not be my first choice, but I'm not too worried. What's the general consensus about them?

Cheers.

#5 ·
I agree with Turbous - I have the red seats with Daytona Gray and they look great. They are indeed a darker red than you'll see in most photos. Mine is garage kept and I've had it for only 7 months, so I don't know whether they'll fade. No scratches on 'em.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle door

#6 ·
I had originally ordered red but changed to black with red stitching before the car went to production.

The red seats are quite nice, in fact there was a sliver R8 with red seats at the dealer where I was ordering the car and it really tied in nicely.

#7 ·
I have Ibis with red sports seats plus all interior trim stitched in red, would def want same if I am lucky enough to own another, the interior can look too dark all black, always gets good comments, so for me red is a must, good luck with your purchase.

#13 ·
On ibis white its the only way to go, plus carbon blades not the silver. Just the perfect spec.

#14 ·
I love the red seats - but went with red exterior, so I couldn't do red interior (for obvious reasons!)... have black with red stitching instead.

I'd get the red seats - very nice!

#16 ·
Go for it. I had red seats in my Meteor Gray S5 (Audi called it Tuscan Brown, but everyone else called them red) and they looked great. Everyone complimented them. My friend had a dark blue S5 and went with the same seats and they looked really good in his car, even with such a different body color.

This car is pretty head turning anyway, its not like red seats will make it any more visually spectacular than it already is.

#20 ·
I think that there is going to be a more limited market for red seats in the UK, but the car I have found is better than any others I have seen so far.

Also, it does not look like a re-trim is a massive issue should I decide to go black another day.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.