Audi R8 Forums banner

R8 V10 Exhaust

21K views 57 replies 22 participants last post by  OEM-Motorsports 
#1 · (Edited)
R8 V10 Exhaust CHOICE????

I am sure this has been talked about before, but just curious to hear what exhausts you guys have put on. debating which route to go.

i am looking for something loud but that does not drone.

let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Please let us know if we can help you.

The premium brands are Akrapovic (titanium), Armytrix (titanium), Capristo (steel) and Larini (steel).
We can give you a full run down on each on the phone.

Our personal favourite at the moment is the Armytrix! X-pipes, titanium, super light, +20hp dyno gains and a very neat pedal calibrated remote valve system.

Best wishes.

#7 ·
I'm going Akrapovic (valved) so I can creep out of my driveway and neighborhood without waking the dead. It will also be nice to be able to keep the sound down by short-shifting it when driving in girlfriend-mode.

#17 ·
I personally would never put iPE or Armytrix on my car. I would recommend staying with the more well known brands such as Akra, Capristo, GMG, Larini, or Tubi.

#19 ·
thanks everyone actually i think i have narrowed it down to three. Capristo, Akra, and GMG.

i actually have someone i know about to trade in his 2014 r8 V10 and is willing to sell me his Akrapovic at a great price. Will the 2014 V10 Akrapovic fit my 2010 V10?

Thank you all for the help. ;)

#21 ·
Re: R8 V10 Exhaust CHOICE????

Man, I think I really am the curmudgeon here. Valved or non-valved is a great question. Comparing the different sounds makes incredible sense because that's why you are buying an exhaust. But you really should think before buying an exhaust based on the weight savings, or even the material. 10 gallons of gas weighs 80 pounds. Can you tell how full your tank is by the way the car handles? No? Then you probably won't notice the weight savings from the exhaust. And certainly wont notice the difference between Ti and steel. Pick a good quality exhaust that sounds like you like, with or without valves. Now if you say you want the Akro because they supply the exhaust for the R18, that I get :)

#27 ·
Are you saying fabspeed is no good because of the lower price?

#33 ·
Throw up some links and videos and dynos for Scorpion.
Thanks
Trev

#38 ·
Thanks for the post of the Scorpion.
I don't get why these exhaust guys post all the data on their systems.
Actual Dyno curves showing stock hp, torque, A/F ratios.
A dyno on the stock car with no mods.
A dyno on the car with the new exhaust with valves closed if a valved system.
A dyno on the car with the new exhaust with valves open, if a valved system.
Without this info I would never throw 5 to 10 grand at any of them.
It doesn't make sense, unless you have so much money and you just want the sound.
Why spend cash on an exhaust that ruins your torque.
Just my 2 cents.
It would be nice to have a sticky post for each exhaust and complete dyno curves from vendors or their customers.
Trev

#39 ·
Well in this case you are probably better off with the stock exhaust. Cars that make over 100hp/L naturally aspirated already have very free flowing exhausts from the factory. These are, for factory, very highly tuned machines, and the truth is most aftermarket exhausts on said cars will not make much if any power over stock. The main reason is to change the sound, and I can see where you are coming from. Having said that, I do feel that my car accelerates faster with my Capristo X-Pipe compared to stock and the Larini Clubsport exhaust I had before. Unfortunately I was unable to dyno as nothing reputable close by, but once we move to TX I will at least get it dynoed with my current setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.