Audi R8 Forums banner

New Forum Members & R8 Talk Forum Sponsors RSC Tuning

4K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  HowieR8 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I wanted to take a second and introduce my self to the R8 Talk team. My name is Erik and I am the sales manager here at RSC Tuning. We are VERY excited to be part of the community. Many of you know me from other forums or even direct dealings. For those whom I haven't has the pleasure of meeting I look forward to the opportunity to serve you. As most know RSC Tuning designs and manufacture visual and performance enhancements for marques such as Audi, Lamborghini, McLaren, Ferrari, Aton Martin, Jaguar & Range Rover to name a few.

For those who do know me, know that I eat, breathe, sleep ANYTHING automotive and auto-sports. If it goes fast whether is a car, boat, motor cycle or dangerously overpowered shifter cart I NEED TO DRIVE IT! I have logged quite a few years in the automotive industry and despite the increase of grey hair there is nothing I would rather do!

Me and the owner of RSC Tuning wlw@rsc (Bill - also a level 10 car guy) will be contributing regularly with things ranging from the development of new tuning programs as well offer forum member specials regularly on RSC Tuning products.

In the meantime if there is anything I may do to assist please feel free to email me at erik@rsctuning.com or call me at 305.592.4482 ext 102

We look forward to being active, productive members of the forum and hopefully will have the opportunity to put faces to names at some driving events or future meet ups.

One last thing to hopefully clear up some confusion - we understand there is quite a bit of talk on the subject of ECU & Gearbox Tuning for The R8. The product most of you are familiar with is "Live Tune Mobile" this is a product we helped develop along side the industries top electronic and software engineers. To clear up another area of confusion RSC Tuning is the sole distributor for Live Tune Mobile in North and South America. We have many dealers nation wide that sell and support this product (some under there own brand or "private label" i.e German Motoring, etc) none the less - and I would be happy to assist in finding the local dealer that's right for you.

One again we're excited to be part of the community!

Thank you-
Erik

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your offerings.

#3 ·
Welcome Eric and good to see more tuning options for our R8. You mentioned German Motoring as one of your dealers. Was the GM Tcu tune for the R8 from your company?

Is the R8 RSC Live tune the same as the GM Tcu tune, just re-branded?

http://www.rsctuning.com/products/audi/m3/ecu-tuning.html

There's been some forum members currently looking to buy the GM tcu tune so if yours is the same software, please let us know. Cheers.

#5 ·
I have been told by Peter Northrop that the TCU was from https://viezunorthamerica.wordpress.com/viezu-elite/ which was developed from Viezu UK. Something happened between Peter and Bernard from German Motoring and that's why GM no longer sells the TCU as Viezu Northamerica was partly owned by Peter.

Additionally, Viezu Norhamerica's facebook can no longer be found, so probably it's no longer in operation as Peter once said that he was starting up his own company.

#4 ·
Erik, saw the ECU tune on your website. Looks interesting. One of the big concern a lot of us have is warranty issues. Is your device truly undetectable? Do you have any dyno results to back up the gain claims? Any additional info on it would be appreciated.

#6 ·
^^^^ Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yes the TCU tune German Motoring was selling was in fact RSC Tuning "Live Tune Mobile" we have a few dealers that re brand or white label this product.
The current version of TCU tune is same module and software that has been offered by other sponsors or members.
If you are looking for a dealer in your area please email me direct erik@rsctuning.com and I will gladly assist.

Regarding Warranty issues and ECU and/or TCU upgrade using Live tune Mobile - if I said its completly invisible to any and all diagnostic equipment I would not be telling the truth. what I can tell you is that a the dealership level the equipment they are using cannot detect any changes to tcu. There would have to be a catastrophic failure/injury that would require Audi NA's involvement. The TCU tune we are delivering is still maintaining levels well withing the manufactures design parameters. when this tune was on the drawing board the 2 most important factors for this new product were ease on installation/un-intsallation and preservation of hardware. We have always leaned toward the conservative side of the fence when it comes to ecu & tcu tuning.

I think the biggest issue when it comes to warranty issues is your relationship with your service adviser /dealer - We have many franchise dealers (Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ferrari etc) that sell live tune mobile on brand new vehicles right off the showroom floor

#7 ·
Regarding Warranty issues and ECU and/or TCU upgrade using Live tune Mobile - if I said its completly invisible to any and all diagnostic equipment I would not be telling the truth. what I can tell you is that a the dealership level the equipment they are using cannot detect any changes to tcu. There would have to be a catastrophic failure/injury that would require Audi NA's involvement. The TCU tune we are delivering is still maintaining levels well withing the manufactures design parameters. when this tune was on the drawing board the 2 most important factors for this new product were ease on installation/un-intsallation and preservation of hardware. We have always leaned toward the conservative side of the fence when it comes to ecu & tcu tuning.

I think the biggest issue when it comes to warranty issues is your relationship with your service adviser /dealer - We have many franchise dealers (Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ferrari etc) that sell live tune mobile on brand new vehicles right off the showroom floor
You talked primarily about TCU tune. Does the same apply to the ECU tune as well?

Are there any additional info on the Live Tune Mobile? Is it just a matter of plugging the module int he OBD port? How quickly can it be reverted, in case the car needs to be taken in for service?

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the clarification Eric. So to remove the Tcu tune, we just plug the OBD2 flash loader in with the same procedure as installation?

Somehow my GM tcu tune got removed when the workshop ran the clutch adaptation and calibration but I didn't realize it for quite a while. The gearbox felt different after but I just presumed it was suppose to be that way.

It was only after I decided to run the flash again a couple of weeks later that I felt the dramatic improvement of the smooth shifts come back. For you guys with the GM tune, if you feel your shifts getting clunky again, it might help to re flash and see if that improves things.

Cheers.

#11 ·
Thanks Eric. Good to know. The RSC Live Tune looks to be both a TCU and ECU tune.

Does that mean all the GM TCU Tune customers also got the ECU tune in their Flash Loader?

What is the extra step to remove the tune for when we take it in to the dealer?

Thanks.
Howie

#12 ·
We are able to program module as gearbox only or both ECU & Gearbox - this is specified by the dealer upon ordering.

the removal process adds the step of press and holding "unlock" button on vehicle remote FOB with unit plugged in. this will revert to stock.

Thanks
Erik

#13 ·
Any price difference for ECU tune only? I have a 6MT thus don't need TCU tune.

#14 · (Edited)
Appreciate the uninstall instruction and clarification Eric. May I know how much hp/torque your RSC Live Tune can increase for the R8 V8 engine?

Any dyno test done to show the increase in performance on the R8 V8 or V10? Thanks. Howie

#15 ·
Scott had once tried the ECU tune from German Motoring (also through the OBDII port) and it didn't do well - proven by dyno's, before and after. Assuming RSC's ECU tune is the same as what German Motoring was offering, I would very much be interested in actual dyno data on a same car regarding this OBDII ECU upgrade.

#20 · (Edited)
Any forum members here has gotten the RSC Ecu/Tcu Flash Tune for their V8/V10?
Is it better/smoother than the GM Tcu tune and what are the Hp gains?

Eric, does the RSC Ecu tune release the "hidden" V10 Hp detuned from the factory similar to the tune from APR?

Please let us know how it performs. Thanks. Howie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.