Ship carrying audi's from germany makes it into brunswick, ga

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ship carrying audi's from germany makes it into brunswick, ga

Ship carrying audi's from germany makes it into brunswick, ga

My Dealer called me today and found out the ship made it into port through the Hurricane (Irene).

It did 50 mile turns for 2 days way out in the Atlantic to avoid the storm and made it fine without fanfare to the Georgia Port per my Audi Dealer.

The cars will be unloaded and released by September 2nd and shipping will begin.

I was very concerned about the ship going south with Irene going north. Imagine the damage if something happened with x thousands of cars??

It's a PITA when you order a car and after ordering the Porsche Turbo I swore I would never go through this pain again but I did... The pain and suffering we place ourselves in!!! lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Ship carrying audi's from germany makes it into brunswick, ga

Quote Originally Posted by Newspyderv10man View Post
    My Dealer called me today and found out the ship made it into port through the Hurricane (Irene).

It did 50 mile turns for 2 days way out in the Atlantic to avoid the storm and made it fine without fanfare to the Georgia Port per my Audi Dealer.

The cars will be unloaded and released by September 2nd and shipping will begin.

I was very concerned about the ship going south with Irene going north. Imagine the damage if something happened with x thousands of cars??

It's a PITA when you order a car and after ordering the Porsche Turbo I swore I would never go through this pain again but I did... The pain and suffering we place ourselves in!!! lol
    You may recall reading, or might still be able to find something on the internet about:

Volvo's Wallenius Line (owned by Volvo AB, I believe) of car carriers had an entire ship GO DOWN in the North Atlantic with a full load of new Volvos and some BMW's (they using the same shipper). As I recall my local Volvo dealer saying, it set them back about 6-10 weeks on delivery of certain models (the XC 90 as I recall, since it was back in the early '00s when they were selling fairly quick).
    2010 v8 delv'd 9/9/09: Jet Blue/Silver w. Limestone
    Road & Track subscriber for 55 years!
    Best drive I ever had: Lotus 18 FJr.!

I do remember that incident and thats why I was nervous about all the cargo ships in the Atlantic during Irene.

I am sure the Insurance Co's that insure the cargo lost sleep too.

But, all is well and nothing was lost at sea on any ship from Irene.

Congratulations Don, now that that wait is over, it's time to name her
    Enjoy the experience
    Best regards,
    Ritz

Wonder how many extra miles that added to the trip?!?!?

Regards,
    Baer

2009 R8, V8, 6MT, Daytona Gray/Tuscan Brown, Daytona Gray Blades, Polished Wheels, Convenience Pkg, Nav, B&O, Alcantara Headliner

The ship arrived on the 29th and the freaking car is still on the ship as of 10am EST today.

What takes so long to get this thing off and on the truck.

The Dealer updates are killing me. Does anyone want to make money? HELLO..

get the car off,, truck it to FL and let me bring this to fruition. Gezzz

The weekend is coming up,, monday is a Federal Holiday, no one works on the mechanical side in the dealership till tues..

Hopefully the car is unloaded soon and it gets its Green Card and allowed to live in the USA. Then I will name it Ritz.. lol

Happy Holidays!!!

Don

PS next time I will buy off the lot.. NO MORE WAITING GAMES FOR ME<< TOO OLD FOR THIS STUFF. In April NO DEALERSHIP in the Region had a Spyder with a 6 Sp Manual Tranny V10.. I would never consider a 2 pedal car... So I had to order.
    Last edited by Newspyderv10man; 09-01-2011 at 08:38 AM.

The ship arrived on the 29th and the freaking car is still on the ship as of 10am EST today.
    Do you know the name of the ship?
    2014 458 Spider
    2012 V10 Spyder R-tronic ~ Ibis White ~ Black Enhanced Leather with Lunar Silver Stitching

Hopefully the car is unloaded soon and it gets its Green Card and allowed to live in the USA. Then I will name it Ritz.. lol
    German car + Green Card, with the name "Ritz", it's the creation of the 1st German Mafia in the U.S., with Don(Boss) as Head

Happy Holidays

Ha Ha. You read the sentence wrong Bud.

Funny how words go both ways.

I emailed Audi Dealer.

Was told Audi doesnt give out the name of the ship.

Porsche does though they said.

"Hello Don,
    Porsche do offer that facility, but as yet Audi do not.
    Sorry, Don.
    Update: The R8 has not been given to the shipping company as yet.
    FYI, All Audi R8 models are shipped in covered transportation. That may mean the arrival could go into next week. There are fewer trucks available*for covered shipping and it takes a little longer to put a load together."

Oh well.. Looks like it will be another week.

Facility... I hate it when people talk like that.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements