Audi R8 Forums banner

Whats the funniest thing that's been said/happened with your car?

7K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  TPC 
#1 ·
A lot of other forums I belong to from past cars have this and the looks and stares thread is close, but a little off from this. Also sorry if this thread has been made before and I missed it
But to start off:

Ive already posted how my car was confused for a BMW i8, but just the other day I had someone ask me if it was a Lamborghini.... My car has every badge, even on the after market wheels and this person literally thot it was a Lambo lol not in the sense that o these cars are the same company/share same engine/bla bla bla, but literally asked why the doors didnt go up :confused:

Another thing i do, it entertains me atleast, is if im sitting first at a stop light on a two lane or more road and someone pulls up next to me and buries their face in their phone. Idk if everyone else has to deal with this but here they dont move when the light turns green bc they never notice, they wait for the car next to them to move, and if they both have their phones out, everyone misses the light completely... so what i have started doing is randomly tapping the throttle while theyre not looking and atleast 4/5 of these people just start driving away without looking up from their phone with the light still red. They end up slamming on brakes and reversing back and its hilarious to me (yes i make sure the intersection is clear) but i recommend some of you trying this if you can

See less See more
#2 ·
Funniest situation with the R8 yet? I shared the story in the looks and stares thread a while ago, but a very high level summary... pulled into a gas station, and this little old lady who was literally across the station (several pumps over), starts screaming out to me, "That's a V10?? No way!!" As she continued to go on and on this way about the V10, it attracted the attention of nearly everyone in the gas station. First of all, I didn't think she'd even be able to read the little "V10" badge from where she was (old or not!), but the fact that she was SO excited about it just made he want to laugh out loud - you just never know when someone, even a little old lady, is a car nut at heart!

#3 ·
I have a guy in my condo who always asks " hows the lambo"

Have never corrected him, lol.

#11 · (Edited)
lolololol sad to kno that there are 2 people in the world that believe these are lamborghinis, he's going to ask you hows your mclaren when you get your huracan

Stopped at a gas station and while filling up a man walked by and asked if my name was Christian Grey. My reply to his smart aleck remark, "No, Dorian Grey". He gave me a quizzical look and walked on.
Ha, idk how many would get that reference

Best quote yet: "That thing's slicker than a minnow's willie!"

Best thing I've had suggested: "That car is cool! But it needs something, check this out."
He points across the parking lot at a Bronco II. Yes, a 20 year old Ford Bronco II... As he is gesturing at his ride, he clicks a key fob and low and behold, he has blue and green neon lighting underneath the suv.

I thanked him for the suggestion and ducked into my car.
My head wouldve exploded from the comment and i think the blue/green would go great with the Samoa.......lol

#4 ·
Now does he mean the R8 or the Ferrari?? :)

#6 ·
R8, but another tenant said "nice Maserati" when she saw the F-car.

#5 ·
Best quote yet: "That thing's slicker than a minnow's willie!"

Best thing I've had suggested: "That car is cool! But it needs something, check this out."
He points across the parking lot at a Bronco II. Yes, a 20 year old Ford Bronco II... As he is gesturing at his ride, he clicks a key fob and low and behold, he has blue and green neon lighting underneath the suv.

I thanked him for the suggestion and ducked into my car.

#8 ·
Guy walks over to me in a gas station and says, "With that car you could probably get a date with her," I hadn't even noticed a lady about, but I said, "Nah, I couldn't afford a girlfriend and the car." About, 20 seconds later, and the timing is what made it perfect... I hear him from a few cars away... good choice. :eek:)

#10 ·
Was at a wedding, talking cars with a group of people. Apparently one of them knew I had an 8talian car, so when I discreetly said I drive an Audi, one guy blurts out " do you have an R8?' ? The whole room went silent, and everyone stared at me ! I did not want to lie, so I whispered, yes , I have an R8 but I like to be discreet buddy...

#12 · (Edited)
From a non-car guy Korean businessman i know who while standing next to my Black Spyder...." I did not know THEY make a larger version of the Miata".

I told him THEY don't ...and that he is lucky the R8 just ate a Miata for lunch, and if he says that again too loudly , he will be the next Asian meal......

#13 ·
You should let him know that when people say, "miata get a bigger car" that "they" took it seriously and built one. :)

#15 ·
When my wife and I went to the premier of Star Wars The Force Awakens I parked the R8 right in front of the theater. After the movie I opened her door and then started walking to the other side of the car. A guy walked by and said "Hey man nice car! is it a rental?" I politely laughed and said "Nope it's mine..." Who rents an R8 on a Thursday to go see a movie? lol...

#16 ·
You should have said, "no, my wife only allows me to take my girlfriend out in the rentals." :)

#18 ·
This happened about 2 weeks ago.

Sitting in the R8 waiting in line for a car wash, window cracked a few inches open. Kid in a Chrysler 300 S pulls up to me and says "Sick Ride Bro, Can I ask, What do you do for a living?" (I'm 28 so obviously this kid thought I'd be easy to talk to). So I tell him I'm in this so and so industry...and then he literally asks "How much Money did you make this month?" And funny enough I had just done some bookkeeping earlier in the day, with numbers fresh in my mind and with some laughter told him I made xyz so far..then he literally begs me "Please let me work for you, I'll do anything you want!"

LoL Felt just like the scene in Wolf of Wall street where Jonah Hill asks Dicaprio how much did you make and then lemme work for you.

Anyway was pretty hilarious

#19 ·
haha thats textbook Wolf, I had a similar experience this past weekend at cars and coffee, pulling in and waiting in line to park, some guy comes up to my car to talk to me, i guess same reason, us young guys are more approachable? Asked a couple questions about what i do, have never had the what do you make question tho, and then asked if i would be his "mentor in life". At first I thot this was a joke and I just laughed and said yea sure...quickly I learned this to be a mistake. He was not kidding and was very serious, and took that word to heart. He followed me around C&C like Michael Myers, just always in the background waiting to attack when I was alone. Luckily many friends became wary and became my security, keeping him away or giving me an excuse to not be rude to the guy. I finally gave him the advice I give evryone as it went on for over 2 hours, "just do something, and do it well" and he retreated thankfully. Totally creepy

#21 ·
Driving through Copenhagen with my 8 year old kid.

I notice that some vw polo lookalike has been following our car. We come to a stop light, and I look over.

A good-looking, 30ish woman is sitting the Volkswagen. She is smiling and trying to get eye contact. I happily follow suite and smile back.

Then I look at my kid and say “watch this”. We drive onwards to the next stop light. I again look over and now she has the window rolled down.

I willing oblige, kid is following my every move.

She says something along the lines, "nice car", "sounds great" and how nice it must be for my son to be out for a ride with dad... Before I get her number, light turns green and we blast off.

I look over at Jr. my and ask him what he thinks just happened. He looks at me and says. “The R8 factor just happened”… Thanks kid, was hoping for something along the lines… She thinks you look greet and want to get to know you….. 

#28 ·
Me and friends were sitting at a bar after C&C yesterday. My good friend, who has owned many things, nsx, murci, gt2, ford gt, etc, and I were sitting where we could see our cars, when at one point he just says "man f*** you", i was like what, he goes "if i were single, and after seeing what ive seen just from sitting here (girls stopping by mostly for the R8), Id be on autotrader right now buying an R8 and selling everything else". Made me laugh bc I dont really notice it that much and also because hes had some stuff that I figured would draw way more attention

#29 ·
2 things happend, same day:

Finally got asked if the car was a Veyron... exactly a week after someone pointed out to me that my color scheme looks like one, which i cant unsee now!

Riding with two girls in the passenger seat, i had atleast 4 people that i could hear say "hey, i thought that was a 2 seater!" Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

#30 ·
Probably one of the more eventful days was taking my friend for a ride and running into more than one very attractive young lady that insisted the R8 was her favorite car.

Then to travel a block further and realize that we were being trailed by a modded STi.

We were on a very busy and narrow street in Boston called Newbury, but for whatever reason they thought they could entice me to race - and so at the next intersection they squared up with me and then took off.

Several blocks later after taking our time, entertaining more ladies, evading pedestrians and cars trying to parallel park, we caught up to them.

I had my car tuned and was reasonable in the 570-580 BHP range (ECU tune, Larini, PiperCross), and so they ask I have. Then they boast that their car is a twin turbo STi pushing 600 WHP.

I looked at them and said, "...no matter what you do to that car, and no matter who you beat out in street races, at the end of the night you're going to wish you had an R8..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.