Twin Turbo Project - Page 3

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo Project

Re: Twin Turbo Project

Top Speed will post all the details with the build because lets just face it, I only know how to go fast

All I know is Motech stuff, Bigger fuel injectors, Garrett GT35rs, and some other things.
    Last edited by duhawks; 11-19-2012 at 11:47 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

sweet man.... sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by duhawks View Post
    Well took a half day and went over to Top Speed to see all the goodies that they ordered. Saw the turbos and everything so I guess I will officially start the thread. I know I am more into the data and building side of things and thought I would just share the journey with everyone. I officially drop the car off on Tuesday for them to start the project and I could not be happier with the team I chose to do the build. Great group of guys who are willing to do anything I am willing to throw at them and pay for I am pretty sure if I told them I wanted to go to the moon they would figure out a way to build something for me.

Going to strap on a pair of GT35s with a complete custom kit from Top Speed. Doing the Motech stand alone and boost by gears. I have no clue what the final numbers will look like but I am curious as anyone else. They have one of the best tuners and frabicators out there so it should be great.

I will post the base line dynos and all the other stuff as I get them from Top Speed. Looking foward to the project and I hope I dont bore you guys too much You all know I will test the hell out of this thing with the vbox, track, drag strip, and public roads when safe
    Your going to love it, I have a UGR R8 and its a monster. It's look like you live in atl, if you do I also live there, I am currently in Cali ill be back in January I would love to see your car.

Awesome. What stage is yours? Yeah, where at in ATL are you?

Quote Originally Posted by duhawks View Post
    Awesome. What stage is yours? Yeah, where at in ATL are you?
    I live in the Alpharetta area, I have a stage 2 from ugr with the stage 3 turbos, I will do the motor at some point, I also have a nissan gtr from ams, I can't wait tell I get back to meet you all, I move to atl from New Jersey and we didn't have a r8 community I am pumped about this.

Oh very nice. Sent you a PM. I will do the engine as well at some point if I desire more power. Decided to upgrade the fueling, motech, boost by gears and all of that up front so if I ever decide I want more power they just have to do the engine.

Still in the planning phase before they put everything into place for the final kit. They said it is going to be amazing. They asked me how loud I want it and I told them I want it as loud as possible but with no rasp

I am going to go up there Friday or Saturday and will get some pictures.

Just a few pics for you. Turbos are mounted Everything will be heat treated after they finish up getting everything together. Working on some really great things. I am very excited to say the least. Will post later when I have time for some things we are doing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good, I have GT35R's on mine, look the part !!

Now, get the GT rear lights sorted while the car is like this ;-)
    R8 V10 Coupe, R-Tronic in Ibis White - ALL the CF, Heffner Performance TT.

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see the vbox data.
    (On Order) 458 Spider
    2012 V10 Spyder R-tronic ~ Ibis White ~ Black Enhanced Leather with Lunar Silver Stitching

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements