Twin Turbo Project - Page 5

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo Project

Re: Twin Turbo Project

Lol. Relax man.. It will be more than enough...it will be insane! ..I know you will love it
    2012 Lamborghini Super Trofeo Stradale #106

2012 Ibis White V-10+Titanium Package+Enhanced Leather(with red contrast stitching)+Sport Steering Wheel+White Cluster Instrument Dials+CF Mirrors+Illuminated Door Sill Inserts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Good thing I renewed my auto insurance before I get all these new speeding tickets....

Lol. you got laser jammers.. You should be good... If you do get pulled over you most certainly will be going to jail.. Just keep my cell on speed dial.. Ill bail you out

2012 Ibis White V-10+Titanium Package+Enhanced Leather(with red contrast stitching)+Sport Steering Wheel+White Cluster Instrument Dials+CF Mirrors+Illuminated Door Sill Inserts

Perfect. I will keep some cash in a safe deposit box for emergencies.

You guys are funny!!!!!
    09 R8 v8 white mt6,, Gone
    12 red v10 spyder rtronic, Capristo exhaust, K&N filters, 492 whp, 389 tq,,, gone and missed
    12 Porsche Panamera Gts
    12 Ferrari 458 spider

Ahoy the dyno king himself is here! You got a special car my friend. Yours dynoed like 40hp more than a stock 2011 R8. Wonder what all they did with the ECUs? Had like 10 more ponies than mine and all you have is exhaust and the intakes. Mine even had a tune.

Ya makes me want to get dynoed.. Just to see since mine is a 2012 as well.. Perhaps the red rocket is a just a freak of nature!!

Quote Originally Posted by duhawks View Post
    Going to stick with stock everything except for the turbo kit and see what that is like. I am sure will get bored with that in a month and then we will build the motor, crank the boost up, build the tranny and just hang on. There are plenty people out there at 1000 whp on stock internals.... I don't know if I would push it that far on the stock engine though. Supposedly the 5.2 L engines have beefier pistons and rods but I don't want to find out how strong...

Planning on taking the car out to the Texas Mile in March for sure.

I will get all the details on what we are doing first. We may be putting in fuel rails and bigger injectors and things too at first.
    1000 hp is too much for a stock motor. You might be able to do couple of runs but you might damage the motor on the next runs. Keep it around 700 with hi octane gas (doesn't have to be race gas) and life will be good.

You should also upgrade your clutch. Your stock clutch will handle around 700 horsepower but it will wear out 4-5 times faster. A lot of Twin Turbo Lamborghini performance shops use our Kevlar clutch. When bolt-on Twin turbo customers don't upgrade their clutch, they only get 1000-2000 miles from their stock clutch.

GT35 turbos are great. You will experience a bit of lag but when you want to upgrade to more horsepower, you don't have to worry about upgrading your turbos anymore.

Motec is a good choice. You'll be very happy with Motec.

Good luck with the build. keep us posted.

Thanks. Shoot me a PM with the prices on the clutches. Yeah we are going to stick around 750 wheel on pump 93. Just shoot 6 to 7 lbs of boost in there and see how much power we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by duhawks View Post
    Thanks. Shoot me a PM with the prices on the clutches. Yeah we are going to stick around 750 wheel on pump 93. Just shoot 6 to 7 lbs of boost in there and see how much power we can get.
    I sent you a PM.

You can also mix half 100 octane unleaded with half 93 octane. You'll end up with something like 96 octane gas. This way you protect your engine even more. This will be good for 6-8 lbs of boost. If you go over 8 psi, you should put 100 octane for sure in order to protect your motor.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements