VF / Stasis Supercharger

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VF / Stasis Supercharger

VF / Stasis Supercharger

Dropped car at dealer this morning and they were installing a Supercharger on a 4.2 R8. It was the VF Supercharger that had the Stasis stamp on it, guy there said they are in partnership now. Looked great and they were almost finished with the install see pic. Good news was they said AUDI will now warranty it as part of the 4 year 50k mile!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: VF / Stasis Supercharger

Cool. Since you are in California, how does it do for smog? Have they had the system approved by California Air Resource Board?

Quote Originally Posted by SDR8 View Post
    Cool. Since you are in California, how does it do for smog? Have they had the system approved by California Air Resource Board?
    would just have to assume that they have the smog check covered, however I pick my car up today and will ask to be sure and report back.

Congrats! My Stasis SC was just installed last week at Niello Audi in Sacramento... Unfortunately, I need to wait until Friday to pick her up!

Eager to hear your feedback..congrats on the upgrade!

The Stasis exhaust with the supercharger WILL ROCK YOUR SOX OFF!! To me its the BEST sounding engine out there, including Lambos, Ferrari,s Porsches and Ford GT's. It is a simply amazing sound. But it is also a bit louder than the Stasis with the stock V8. It is LOUD, and can be heard a couple of blocks away. I do want to add that Stasis is the one company that has actually modified the tone of the exhaust sound. It has a higher pitch than the other after market exhausts. Sounds wonderful, but you will need to have some very forgiving neighbors if you ever push it above 3000 RPM's around them. You can keep it quiet, but only by driving slow.
    SEAT of the PANTS DYNO

My dealer just delivered my R8 with the SC and some nice new Alcon rotors to my office (Nice feeling having the dealer delver a car they just put a supercharger on!). The sound is very different from prior (I had the Stasis exhaust already on there). I am taking it out on a 100 mile drive tonight and will report back on my initial impressions on performance and sound.

I'm heading to Laguna on Monday, but it is a stinking Ferrari only day. Bummer as it is a 103db day too! I'll still try to have a little fun.

Noah, where in the bay are ya? I'm in Truckee.... let me know if you take your beast up to the hills. Stasis mentioned your car and were pretty excited to get a few of them here in NorCal. Perhaps we should hit up Infineon soon and have some Stasis guys come out to see take data on track.

Anyone else with the Stasis SC in Northern CA?

I can second Bodii's loud comment. My STaSIS supercharger installation has been complete for three weeks now. West Covina Audi installed the supercharger and the STaSIS exhaust at the same time. I love the performance, but the combination is very loud.

I haven't heard the STaSIS exhaust on the NA car, so can't compare the two. I am really looking forward to hearing kmarshall's impressions!

BTW, here is an interesting video I hadn't seen before of Nik and Adam Carolla's CarCast talking about and looking at the VF superchargers for the R8, BMW and Spyker. It is a pretty long video, but the R8 is in the first three or four minutes. Then they start the R8 at 15:15 minute. Sandy Ganz: "Yeah, now I just gotta convince the wife that I could have one..."
    http://www.motorator.com/videos/1345
    Last edited by desperado; 08-13-2010 at 02:41 PM.
    Welcome to R8Talk. Please read the FAQ: Audi R8 Introduction and Road Map.
    When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. - Alain Prost

2012 R8 GT 5.2 6RT | 2009 R8 4.2 6MT | 2008 TT 3.2 6ST | 2004 S4 Avant 4.2 6MT | 2001 S4 Competition 2.7TT 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by kmarshall View Post
    Congrats! My Stasis SC was just installed last week at Niello Audi in Sacramento... Unfortunately, I need to wait until Friday to pick her up!
    Congrats... Do you mind telling me what is approximate costs with parts and labor?
    Thanks
    2008 R8 4.2 R-Tronic Stock
    2011 Porsche Panamera v6
    2011 BMW 740 Li
    1986 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by kartking View Post
    Congrats... Do you mind telling me what is approximate costs with parts and labor?
    Thanks
    Odd as it sounds, I can't accuratly tell ya what it costs. My car has been a mule for Stasis and I already had some bits and work on the car before the SC... and the dealer and Stasis collaborated on some labor. So my cost was pretty different than the norm. I'd guess normal is $30k ish? But please don't quote or flame me for that.

Mitch, the service manager at Niello Audi, can chat in depth about it... here is his contact info.

Mitchell S Kudler
    Director of Parts and Service
    Niello Audi
    Tel: (916) 480-2850
    Fax: (916) 483-1554
    Mobile: (916) 826-7439
    mkudler@niello.com

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements