Clunking on rough street

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clunking on rough street

Clunking on rough street

Hi Gentlemen,
    When i drive on rough road, I hear some noise coming from the front of the car. I suspect loose connection, worn bushes ... My car is V8 '08. Does anyone meet the same problem ?

Ludo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Clunking on rough street

If it is a mechanical 'clunk', and in particular a secondary 'clunk' after hitting road surface bumps, you should get your front shocks looked at.

V.
    2008 V8, Phantom Black, Lava Grey Blades, all the toys...

Quote Originally Posted by Veegan View Post
    If it is a mechanical 'clunk', and in particular a secondary 'clunk' after hitting road surface bumps, you should get your front shocks looked at.

V.
    I agree. I had the same problem with my car. It turned out to be the front strut. Got it replaced under warranty. Good as new.

2010 R8 V10 | Black on Black | Manual | ADV1 | Capristo | Stasis ECU | K&N | SB

2003 996TT, lots of upgrades.

2006 M3 convertible

2011 Q5, 2.0T, premium.

Thanks. According to your description, I find some of my symptoms.
    I will check my shock absorbers. For helping to fix, where can I get a detailed sketch of the "zone" ?
    Ludo

This image may be helpful.

http://s217.beta.photobucket.com/use...57192.jpg.html

Good luck

2010 R8 V10 | Black on Black | Manual | ADV1 | Capristo | Stasis ECU | K&N | SB

2003 996TT, lots of upgrades.

2006 M3 convertible

2011 Q5, 2.0T, premium.

Actually, I'm looking for more detailled infos (like in the workshop manual where you can find "exploded" diagram) and to be sure, I will not get more parts in my hands after the re-assembling
    Thanks and best wishes from France.

Here is your source for detailed service information: https://erwin.audi.com

erWin is the electronic repair and workshop information service from AUDI AG. It helps independent workshops, vehicle fleets and private individuals to repair and service Audi vehicles professionally and correctly.
    Up-to-date information directly from the manufacturer: what more could you want? Because erWin provides you with all original Audi workshop manuals and informs you on time of all the requirements, tools and materials which will make your work more efficient and more successful.
    erWin is regularly updated and new information is constantly being added so you will always be able to work using the latest technological knowledge.
    Welcome to R8Talk. Please read the FAQ: Audi R8 Introduction and Road Map.
    When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. - Alain Prost

2012 R8 GT 5.2 6RT | 2009 R8 4.2 6MT | 2008 TT 3.2 6ST | 2004 S4 Avant 4.2 6MT | 2001 S4 Competition 2.7TT 6MT | 2010 ZR1 6.2SC 6MT | (3) 2001/2002 Z3 M Coupe 3.2 6MT | 1999 Z3 M Coupe 3.0 6MT

I've got an appointment with Audi R8 centre. i hope they will solve this problem of clunking on rough street at low speed. I will give more details in 2 weeks.

Ludo

10. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements