Oil Change and warranty

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Change and warranty

Oil Change and warranty

Does changing the oil yourself void any warranty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Oil Change and warranty

As long as you can show receipts for correct parts and oil you should be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just keep in mind the change procedure / drain points on the R8 are very different than a traditional front engine wet sump setup.

For me, this is one car I will bite the bullet each year and have the dealer do the change. As a buyer I would be leary of buying an R8 from a DIY owner, unless they had a lift, etc in their garage.

Ed
    Hidden Content

12 R8 V10 Manual Coupe - Daytona GP, Blk Napa, CF Blades, Carbon in Lays, White Faced Gauges, Perf Wheel, Titanium Wheel Pkg
    16 TTS
    15 Mini Cooper S

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 4sell View Post
    As long as you can show receipts for correct parts and oil you should be good
    But you do you prove the work was actually carried out? (Never mind carried out competently)

I'd be amazed if a UK dealer would honour the warranty unless there was a receipt from a garage stating what work had been completed. (I don't know if this differs in the US)

Quote Originally Posted by S5Cruiser View Post
    Just keep in mind the change procedure / drain points on the R8 are very different than a traditional front engine wet sump setup.

For me, this is one car I will bite the bullet each year and have the dealer do the change. As a buyer I would be leary of buying an R8 from a DIY owner, unless they had a lift, etc in their garage.

Ed
    How much did you pay?

I purchased the Audi care plus maintenance package when I bought the car, but since I'll be tracking the vehicle, I'm worried about their service intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_D_UK View Post
    But you do you prove the work was actually carried out? (Never mind carried out competently)

I'd be amazed if a UK dealer would honour the warranty unless there was a receipt from a garage stating what work had been completed. (I don't know if this differs in the US)
    Uk is probably different for sure,, don't expect goodwill if you don't dealer service but here warranty is satisfied with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still under Audicare, had heard in the $300 range from Audi Dealer.

Others can confirm the actual cost.

Ed
    Hidden Content

12 R8 V10 Manual Coupe - Daytona GP, Blk Napa, CF Blades, Carbon in Lays, White Faced Gauges, Perf Wheel, Titanium Wheel Pkg
    16 TTS
    15 Mini Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_D_UK View Post

I also doubt it, JFI you can supply your own oil, much better to pay around £8 per litre from ebay for the same oil that Audi charge £20 litre for (thats £80 v £200 for the oil alone)
    Current 13' R8 V10 MT
    Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory and Yamaha R1M Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by 4sell View Post
    Uk is probably different for sure,, don't expect goodwill if you don't dealer service but here warranty is satisfied with that.
    So if you were making a warranty claim for a new engine (as an example), a receipt to show you'd bought 10 litres of oil and an Audi R8 oil filter would be enough evidence that the required servicing had been completed?

If that's true then I'm amazed, as in reality it's not really evidence of anything.

No it won't Paul!

You need a full invoice from a garage to show what they carried out and the genuine parts used and approved oil.

You also need to be able to prove the service was carried out to Audi standards!

Block Exemption means the warranty must be honoured if you choose to use another professional service centre outside of the franchise, not a service by Frank on his driveway!

A replacement V10 engine is £32k plus vat, its not worth the hassle for a £400 oil service if you are worried! The first thing Audi will do on an engine cam is take a sample of the oil and test it for age, mileage, grade, whether it meets approval etc.

I hope this helps.

Cheers Ricky
    REPerformance

Instagram: Hidden Content
    Facebook: Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast