Audi R8 Forums banner

Will a German Audi dealership honor a US Audi warranty?

11K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Rit2 
#1 ·
I recently landed a job in Germany so I will be relocating there within a month. I'm interested in purchasing a new 2011 R8 V10 here in the states and shipping it to Germany to drive while I'm there (bringing it back with me). The car will be registered with the US military not the German economy. My question is will a German Audi dealership will honor the US warranty? It would be a deal breaker for me to buy the car and not have any sort of warranty once it gets to Germany.

#4 ·
I suggest you ask fellow army folks the same question, people who have served there and may already know. I believe the answer is that they should, but I obviously can't be sure.

Obviously your car would be there with you as part of your official duty, similar status exists for diplomats, their cars are served everywhere.

#5 ·
M3R8,

I'm not the final authority but....I'm army retired and took delivery of an Audi Q7 last summer; bought it through US sales. I've had a few things, electrical, checked out. Everything was covered under warranty. Sometimes it just depends on which dealership you take it to. I bought my car in Mannheim and was advised NOT to take it to a dealership in Heidelberg and had bad experience with one in Darmstadt. The Walldorf Audi dealership has been golden to me.

Like you, I'm interested in purchasing an R8. I thought I would last year but had to get the Q7 due to a new kid showing up. Maybe next summer I'll buy one...

If you havent bought yet, you may wanna wait til you get here. I got my car for about 8 grand less than stateside price, no tax and registration was only 30 bucks - for two years!!

hope this helps!

#9 ·
I believe they do. I've seen the certified mechanic card at the front desk every time I've been there. I've also seen two or three different ones parked in the service parking areas. I can ask when I go in next....

Q7's are also a special breed over here. Not many gas models, if any, are sold. The Walldorf dealership I use has one certified mechanic to repair/touch my Q. Sucks cause I've had to wait several days for the guy to come in or be free.

I may stop by tomorrow and ask. I've got to find out how much the euro front plate is. I'm not liking the US kit. I'd rather see my plate bend and be part of the grill than stick out.

#10 ·
OMT, if you like, I can find the email address for the audi sales rep I bought from. They can order an R8 for you. It will be hands down, cheaper than what you pay for a new one at any dealership stateside. You also wont be paying any sales tax or crazy a$$ registration fees.....

They will send you a price sheet via email and tell you what their requirements are. As long as you are affiliated with the military, you can walk in and order a car. They prefer you do all the paperwork over email and then you come in and sign.

just a suggestion.

#11 ·
Transferred my car from the UK to Malaysia and continued to enjoy the International Warranty. Even did a warranty claim and an online ECU update, all with approval of Audi AG. Regardless, for peace of mind, verify that International Warranty position with Audi USA. Congratulations on the intended purchase.

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.