Audi R8 Forums banner

Solution to Aftermarket Front Lip Scraping

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  brn8 
#1 ·
Guys, I have a German Rush carbon front lip installed on my car and I tend to scrape it from time to time. (every 2 weeks at my car detailers). I have resorted to some silly stuff to protect the underside from scraping such as sticking thick double sided tape to the underside. Doesnt work very well and I look silly everytime I do this.

Does anyone have any experience in what they can do to 'protect' their front lip from underside damage?

Thanks

#4 ·
We would have to find some time to test it on an R8,,, however we own a Corvette company were we modify Corvettes,,, and we use skateboard wheels that are mounted (of course were you cant see them) on the bottom of the car, so when you go into a steep drive way , the skateboard wheels hit the ground ,,and it actually rides on the wheels while lifting the front end up......It works on Vettes I just need to find time to mount it to an R8.

#5 ·
Thanks for the tips. I have also gotten advice to stick some sheet of metal to the bottom. Really sucks to damage CF bits!

#8 ·
From the looks of it, they screwed the protective piece onto your carbon lip?

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.