Any Nice Front Splitters???

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Nice Front Splitters???

Any Nice Front Splitters???

I'm hoping there is a beautiful front splitter available for the R8 V10. I have been having a hard time finding any that are available. I think the GT and the new Plus cars look great.

Anyone have experience?
    2010 Audi R8 V10
    2011 Aston Vantage V12, Carbon Edition
    2011 Range Rover Sport SC
    >previous 2012 Audi TT RS, 2009 Aston Martin Vantage, 2008 Boxster S, 2010 Audi S4
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Any Nice Front Splitters???

Part of the big attraction of the R8 is it's capability as a daily driver. Just be aware that when you change the front splitter you compromise that to some extent.

In my own personal experience I can make a direct comparison between my stock R8 V8 coupe versus my R8 GT and my R8 V8 with the APR splitter. Anything more aggressive than the current OEM splitters causes "driveway anguish" and IMO detracts from the daily driving enjoyability.
    2014 R8 LMS Ultra GT3 | 2012 R8 GT Coupe 5.2 6RT | 2009 R8 Coupe 4.2 6MT

Welcome to R8Talk. Please read the FAQ: Audi R8 Introduction and Road Map.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. - Alain Prost
    The slower you move, the faster the car moves. - Ross Bentley
    The wise are instructed by reason, the average by experience, the simple by necessity, and the indifferent by instinct.

Where is the best/cheapest place to order the APR front and side from?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks forvthe quick reply.

My Aston V12Vantage has a very low carbon splitter on the front. You have to be very careful, but I do daily drive that car. I just find the front of the R8 is lacking a little drama, needs some finishing. Same goes for the rear, but I have found a solution for that.

How does the APR compare to the stock GT? I'm not keen on how it looks own the site, perhaps its better installed?

Are the GT or Plus units available from Audi?
    2010 Audi R8 V10
    >previous 2012 Audi TT RS, 2009 Aston Martin Vantage, 2008 Boxster S, 2010 Audi S4
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPenquinn View Post
    How does the APR compare to the stock GT? I'm not keen on how it looks own the site, perhaps its better installed?
    The APR projects much further in front of the bumper. I've found that there are many driveways I can't navigate without touching. It is not really intended for street use, it was designed as part of a package including wing and side boards for additional down force on the track. Of course, they are happy to sell them for street use too.

The splitter and boards I have came with the used bumpers and rockers I bought from GMG. I plan on removing them when I'm not tracking the car.

EDIT: I should mention that both of my cars are lowered; the GT with the OEM adjustable coilovers and the V8 with lowering springs. That should be taken into account when evaluating my comments.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPenquinn View Post
    Are the GT or Plus units available from Audi?
    I think the GT (matte) should be available from parts now but may be restricted to current GT owners. Once the 2014 R8 starts deliveries in North America, I would expect the Plus (gloss) would be available without restriction.
    Last edited by desperado; 01-23-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    2014 R8 LMS Ultra GT3 | 2012 R8 GT Coupe 5.2 6RT | 2009 R8 Coupe 4.2 6MT

Welcome to R8Talk. Please read the FAQ: Audi R8 Introduction and Road Map.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. - Alain Prost
    The slower you move, the faster the car moves. - Ross Bentley
    The wise are instructed by reason, the average by experience, the simple by necessity, and the indifferent by instinct.

Have a look at the Hofele Front Splitter.

I fitted one onto my first R8 and was very happy.

http://www.hofele.com/en/produkte/au...arosserie.html
    Hidden Content

2011 R8 V10 COUPE | PHANTOM BLACK PEARL | A.W.E. SWITCHABLE VALVE EXHAUST |H&R SPRINGS | K&N AIR FILTERS | SPRINTBOOSTER |6 SPEED MANUAL

I HANG OUT HERE
    Hidden Content

RECENT LOVES
    R8 2010 V10 SPYDER
    R8 2008 V8 COUPE
    2010 Nissan R35 Mod GTR

Supporting Vendor

If you are just looking to change the material of the front lower "splitter" on the front bumper then there is the factory carbon piece or the R8 GT piece in matte CF. Both fit the front bumper without modification.

Here is a customer with an R8 GT lower matte carbon fiber spoiler on his R8 V10 (note he also has R8 GT dive planes and also some aftermarket chin spoilers):

If you are looking for something larger then there are items like the APR and other pieces, but as mentioned by Desperado you start to limit functionality of the car as speed bumpers and driveways become problematic.

Cheers,

The APR splitter is just too big. An inch less would seem to be hard core enough for a car on the street.

The other options are good, though. Thanks.
    2010 Audi R8 V10
    Hidden Content

Supporting Vendor

The genuine front carbon fiber splitters are available in glossy carbon fiber or the matte carbon fiber reinforced plastic as shown above on my customer's car.

If you were interested in pricing or had any other questions don't hesitate to shoot over a PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

What about this .....?

I should have photos of this on a vehicle in the next couple of weeks.

Best wishes.
    OEM Audi Parts
    Audi Porsche FerrariLamborghini

Superb prices ! Exclusive products ! Fast shipping

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast