Audi R8 Forums banner

Paint the new carbon fiber hood or not?? Thats the question.

17K views 42 replies 23 participants last post by  Dads R8 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I installed a new CF hood that saves about 10-12# off the stock aluminum hood. Yes, I race the car and I'm trying to take all the weight off that I can. The problem is that the hood looks far better than I thought it would so now I don't want to paint it. It still needs to be cleared a few times, block and wet sanded, then recleared again, then buffed and finished. When the body shop finishes with the carbon it looks like you can dive into it. :D

That being said I like the contrast between the orange and carbon but I like the color as much as I like the carbon. What are your suggestions?? Here's a few pics. Whoever has photoshop and is good at it I ask that you try some different paint schemes. Keep in mind I can get the doors and the small body piece behind the front wheels. Thank you for your input.

See less See more
#33 ·
Very nice. 110%.... love it

#35 ·
Carry on the black lines down the front, either side of the grill and along the bottom lip beneath the grill.
CF film the roof.
Job done. IMHO.

#38 ·
New paint lines: :D

#41 ·
The one in your pictures is not a stock OEM hood like mine. I like both though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.