Clay Bar, Clear Coat Vinyl

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Clay Bar, Clear Coat Vinyl

Hi all was watching some YouTube videos, but couldn’t completely understand. The prior owner of my 2014 V8 had a Clay Bar + Clear Vinyl Wrap added to the Hood, Front Bumper and Mirrors to prevent rock chips and paint protection

I noticed the term “Ceramic Coating” and many applying this to further protect and also to make the washing process easier? Would this be applied over the Clear Vinyl or ONLY to areas that he did not Clay Bar/Clear Vinyl?

I have 2 kids under 4 yo so cleaning her QUICKLY to minimize wash/dry time to keep my mid life crisis car in tip top shape! Also any recommendations for leather products/brands to PROACTIVELY take care of the seats would be great!

Would ceramic coating be applied on top of Clear Vinyl OR only to the uncovered portions of the car? I noticed it helps with water beading and sliding off the vehicle and seems to ease the drying process OR am I mistaken? Thanks to all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Hi,, clay bar is done to remove contaminants from the paint prior to waxing or applying clear wrap so ceramic coating can be applied over any paint that has been clayed. Ceramic coating can also be applied over clear wrap protection. There are varying opinions on the cost benefit of ceramic coatings. If your objective is to keep the car looking good with low ongoing maintenance then ceramic coating may work well for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements