new Tango R8 Performance at Belfast Audi - Page 3

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new Tango R8 Performance at Belfast Audi

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: new Tango R8 Performance at Belfast Audi

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFulton View Post
    Can this be made to fit the pre facelift gen 2 grill as I dont see how u can remove the badge

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFulton View Post
    Yes that's the correct part number though quite a hefty R8 tax on that offer. They are available to order from Audi dealers in the UK for ~£28.

4S0 853 737 GT 94 Front R8 emblem gloss black.

new Tango R8 Performance at Belfast Audi-front-r8-black.jpg

The set of black emblems I ordered from Belfast Audi arrived - details on the emblem thread Here

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by steve9 View Post
    The set of black emblems I ordered from Belfast Audi arrived - details on the emblem thread Here
    Does it just clip on? So i can remove the quattro badge with flossing wire and stick it in its place?

Thanks Steve and Craig for the badge info. much appreciated.

Never been a fan of fake vents on anything.
    2014 R8 5.2 Spyder
    Panther Black Crystal

Have we figured out what the deal is with the exhaust sound? All of the European video clips of the new model have a very subdued exhaust tone to them, and it also seems like something is stopping the cars from being rev'd in neutral. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm very anxious to find out if the US spec model will have the same particulate filter and subdued nature...
    2015 Audi R8 (4.2 V8, 6 speed manual, Sepang Blue)
    2010 Audi S5 (4.2 V8, 6 speed manual, Sprint Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by RoboKAOS View Post
    Have we figured out what the deal is with the exhaust sound? All of the European video clips of the new model have a very subdued exhaust tone to them, and it also seems like something is stopping the cars from being rev'd in neutral. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm very anxious to find out if the US spec model will have the same particulate filter and subdued nature...
    I did 30 miles in my local UK dealer's brand new V10 Performance demonstrator today. It does sound more subdued than the previous model, particularly on the downshifts. It's lost some of the rasp and edge that it used to have. In neutral, revs are limited to 3,000 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by nn7man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboKAOS View Post
    Have we figured out what the deal is with the exhaust sound? All of the European video clips of the new model have a very subdued exhaust tone to them, and it also seems like something is stopping the cars from being rev'd in neutral. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm very anxious to find out if the US spec model will have the same particulate filter and subdued nature... [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.r8talk.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif[/IMG]
    I did 30 miles in my local UK dealer's brand new V10 Performance demonstrator today. It does sound more subdued than the previous model, particularly on the downshifts. It's lost some of the rasp and edge that it used to have. In neutral, revs are limited to 3,000 rpm.
    That's a shame. They probably want to ensure that the r8 is the cheaper Huracan alternative this generation that will not canibilize those sales, especially with the Evo just being released. I chose the R8 over the Huracan but they might be trying to push people into the Lambo with the more civilized exhaust of the R8.

Quote Originally Posted by nn7man View Post
    That’s hugely disappointing. Hopefully the US market won’t have to abide by the same design since we can get away with a lot more here. Otherwise, I foresee the aftermarket and tuning scene to get a lot of new business from facelift owners to open up the pipes a bit.
    2015 Audi R8 (4.2 V8, 6 speed manual, Sepang Blue)
    2010 Audi S5 (4.2 V8, 6 speed manual, Sprint Blue)

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast