VF R8 destroys tuned/downpipe 600LT - Page 3

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VF R8 destroys tuned/downpipe 600LT

Re: VF R8 destroys tuned/downpipe 600LT

Quote Originally Posted by kpg81 View Post
    Hey guys, see my video here of my 2017 R8 V10+ with VFE800 Supercharger + Voodoo Autosport Center Exit Performante exhaust dominate a 600LT that has a tune and Catless downpipes at the Shift S3ctor 1/2 mile run event this past weekend.

My best trap was 167.4 mph and his was 169.94mph.

For this particular race, I ran a 164.84 to his 166.7mph run.

To compare, a bone stock R8 ran multiple times and his best was 154.5mph or so, and his worst was 152.xx

This run was my slowest of the day, and I had a 200lb+ passenger (I'm also 225lbs) and the guy in the LT had no passenger and looked about 160lbs or so.

When you figure out the launch, a Supercharged R8 is the Tesla of the Supercar world as far as consistent launches goes. Very happy with the car overall, did 7 passes and 6 of them were either 166 or 167mph even at temps up to 90* and lots of humidity. Also was able to beat a 180+ mph GTR to the finish line.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwyfWiqA...=1lgjbxsf3a72i
    nice job but tpiwwop of the hot chick
    2019 RS5 Sportback

2018 R8 V10 Plus

2016 Range Rover Sport SVR

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

VF doesn't advertise 1/4 or 0-60 times because they aren't advertising-worthy. I haven't seen any person with a sub 10 sec ET on a VF setup.

As for the 1/2 mile events.. it isn't a hole shot and the trap times are the winners... Obviously a TT platform R8 runs much better than the supercharger setup, but companies are now offering warranties and TT builds at the same cost of the VF supercharger (VF used to advertise they were cheaper than TT builds). The R8 is well suited for a TT build anyways.

As for FBO GTRs, I had a DBA on FBO + E85 and the car was really underwhelming at FBO levels, in part from the heavy weight. I've taken rides in built TSM/ETS GTRs and yes, they are VERY quick (under 4 sec 60-130mph in hot California weather) but they are constantly having issues - mysterious oil leaks, rough idle / tune from cams, etc. Problem with GTR is any time your turbo has a problem, you have to drop the motor to fix it. Labor, labor, labor.

Point is, just enjoy what you have because there's always someone or something faster than you. As long as you WOT the car at any power level, that's all that matters...

Quote Originally Posted by noMoreboost View Post
    VF doesn't advertise 1/4 or 0-60 times because they aren't advertising-worthy. I haven't seen any person with a sub 10 sec ET on a VF setup.

As for the 1/2 mile events.. it isn't a hole shot and the trap times are the winners... Obviously a TT platform R8 runs much better than the supercharger setup, but companies are now offering warranties and TT builds at the same cost of the VF supercharger (VF used to advertise they were cheaper than TT builds). The R8 is well suited for a TT build anyways.

As for FBO GTRs, I had a DBA on FBO + E85 and the car was really underwhelming at FBO levels, in part from the heavy weight. I've taken rides in built TSM/ETS GTRs and yes, they are VERY quick (under 4 sec 60-130mph in hot California weather) but they are constantly having issues - mysterious oil leaks, rough idle / tune from cams, etc. Problem with GTR is any time your turbo has a problem, you have to drop the motor to fix it. Labor, labor, labor.

Point is, just enjoy what you have because there's always someone or something faster than you. As long as you WOT the car at any power level, that's all that matters...
    Brotha, what are u smoking?

Don't want VF to make any claims?

How about some independent MotorTrend testing right here.. 0-60 in 2.4 seconds and a 10.1 second 1/4 mile.

https://youtu.be/E9qtz7Af2uU

Please, by all means, post a MotorTrend Tested video of any of the dozens of twin turbo kits out there with 0-60 times verified independently by a 3rd party with a reputation of MotorTrend.

In fact, they also tested the Huracan Performante kit and got 2.3 to 60mph and ran a 9.9sec 1/4 mile and said it was their fastest car tested for 2017.

Don't believe me? Google it.

Also show me someone with a TT kit, MotorTrend verified, performance stats, and a race video showing it beating a VF car- and proof that the cost is exactly the same.

That's right, you won't find one.

NEXT

Also, your GTR claims are trash too.

I have owned a GTR and the platform is amazing.

You do not need to "drop the motor" for a turbo issue either. They are some of the most reliable high performance tuner cars out there, but you need to know how to drive and tune them the right way.
    Last edited by kpg81; 05-03-2019 at 11:13 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Wow is something stuck up your ass kid?

Take a breath between your mentally challenged sentences. Talk like that and you get a response like this. You know motor trend does a roll out on their 0 to 60 tests right? Also, it says it right there in the video "custom tuned launch," meaning the regular customer won't have the "custom tuned launch" and their car will actually launch like complete ****. How do I know? I've driven a VF Huracan and launched it myself. The car actually launches better if you just floor it and don't use LC.

VF may not want to acknowledge it but you should be careful with the way you're representing them on the forums if you have their product. It sucks when a company is forced to get behind an idiot that runs his mouth off like a pre-pubescent teen.

Lastly, I don't need to show you anything with the way you talk and come across. Lower your blood pressure, you might live a little longer. So you know everything about tuning and repairing GTRs? Tell me, how do you fix an oil feed leak without dropping the motor? I guess every GTR owner whose ever paid for that repair is "trash too?"

Gentlemen, please remain calm and respectful of each others feelings.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Quote Originally Posted by noMoreboost View Post
    Wow is something stuck up your ass kid?

Take a breath between your mentally challenged sentences. Talk like that and you get a response like this. You know motor trend does a roll out on their 0 to 60 tests right? Also, it says it right there in the video "custom tuned launch," meaning the regular customer won't have the "custom tuned launch" and their car will actually launch like complete ****. How do I know? I've driven a VF Huracan and launched it myself. The car actually launches better if you just floor it and don't use LC.

VF may not want to acknowledge it but you should be careful with the way you're representing them on the forums if you have their product. It sucks when a company is forced to get behind an idiot that runs his mouth off like a pre-pubescent teen.

Lastly, I don't need to show you anything with the way you talk and come across. Lower your blood pressure, you might live a little longer. So you know everything about tuning and repairing GTRs? Tell me, how do you fix an oil feed leak without dropping the motor? I guess every GTR owner whose ever paid for that repair is "trash too?"
    LOLLLLL

Did someone pee in your Fruit Loops this morning?

Chill out keyboard warrior. VF doesn't have a problem with someone like me, I am too busy having a great time with my supercharger and blowing the doors off of people like you to even care what you have to say.

Post videos of your car and results and let's get back on topic... you threw some **** out there and got **** back and now you are whining. Until then get off my thread and find another one to troll.

This is a pretty interesting video. I didn't hear if it was pump or race gas on the Performante. There's a RWD Hurican at the end pulling a 1.4 second 60ft. with Toyos out back. It appears the Performante is just mashing the pedal and not using launch assist. From my experience with other S-Tronic Audis, turning up the wick can introduce problems when using launch assist. Seems to be the case on cars like the TTRS, RS5, RS3, S6, etc...very few tuners know how to get it right and two of the same model can often require different "fixes" to get it just right. Definitely finicky which Brooks eludes to in the video below. Just ignore the 720S blowing past. That's what 500 fewer pounds and underrating your hp will net.

Instagram: redmist5 Youtube; Hidden Content
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red-JHM Tune/20x10 Klassen ID M10/Michelin PS4S/AWE Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Control Arms/CR-15//ECS SS Brake Lines, diff inserts, end links/Diff Bushing/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 rear sway end links/Tranny insert/E-code head, tail lights/Red Trim Start Button/black emblems/VCDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    This is a pretty interesting video. I didn't hear if it was pump or race gas on the Performante. There's a RWD Hurican at the end pulling a 1.4 second 60ft. with Toyos out back. It appears the Performante is just mashing the pedal and not using launch assist. From my experience with other S-Tronic Audis, turning up the wick can introduce problems when using launch assist. Seems to be the case on cars like the TTRS, RS5, RS3, S6, etc...very few tuners know how to get it right and two of the same model can often require different "fixes" to get it just right. Definitely finicky which Brooks eludes to in the video below. Just ignore the 720S blowing past. That's what 500 fewer pounds and underrating your hp will net.

I've found that holding the RPMs right at 2500rpms or just mashing the gas is the only way to launch the car well

Supporting Vendor VF-Engineering's Avatar

VF doesn't advertise 1/4 or 0-60 times because they aren't advertising-worthy.

For clarification purposes, we do advertise 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for each of
    our VF750/VF760 systems (Gen1 V10) as well as our VF800/VF8XX (Gen2 V10)
    systems,... as we feel they are very much advertising worthy!

We've been fortunate to have a strong relationship with MotorTrend Magazine
    who has been not only kind enough to test all of our various V10 supercharger
    model versions since 2010, but also eager and enthusiastic to do so.

The testing procedure they use is explained in great detail in the following article,
    with absolutely no deviation from the same methods they use to test anything from
    a Toyota Camry to Ford Raptor to McLaren 720S;

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VF R8 destroys tuned/downpipe 600LT-motortrend_testing.jpg  
    ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    VF-Engineering, Inc. uses state of the art processes to design, create, test and manufacture one of the highest quality supercharger kits on the market. The VF-Engineering facility is Located in the heart of Southern California. All our products are created and tested in house to ensure optimal gains and ensure factory like driveability and reliability. Proudly Made in the USA.
    Hidden Content
    P: 714-528-0066
    E: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks for the informative link to the Motor Trend testing procedures VF.

It really shows how controlled their testing sessions are.
    Hidden Content
    Audi R8 V10 S-Tronic - Brilliant Red - Fire Red PPF -
    SprintBooster - Clearplex - Android AV - Michelin PS4S.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast