Part numbers for Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads for 2nd Gen - SS Rotors

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Part numbers for Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads for 2nd Gen - SS Rotors

Part numbers for Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads for 2nd Gen - SS Rotors

Hello,

I have a RWS 2018 and I'm getting excess noise from what I believe is my rotors/brakes. I have brought my car to Audi 5 times and they say while my car is louder than the test car they have, no fix is needed as performance is not affected and nothing seems to be wrong.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads fit the 2018 R8 with SS wave rotors, and if so , what the part numbers are?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Part numbers for Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads for 2nd Gen - SS Rotors

Please remember that the ceramic pads chew the standard rotors down. In CC setups the discs are ceramic as well as the pads. They don't wear down as quick. I do not know where you live but have you tried running the car at the highest speed possible and applying hard braking for about 10 times in a row then drive it slow for about 3 or 4 miles to cool them then get home and leave it overnight? Then try them cool the next day and see what happens.
    Last edited by R8MYRWS; 05-04-2019 at 12:02 PM.
    2018 R8 RWS, White, Sport Seats, Rear wheel drive #895/999

Re: Part numbers for Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads for 2nd Gen - SS Rotors

Have it for 2 yrs and the annoying fart noise of the ceramic brakes is gone so like the guy above said just let the brake settle

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I actually have standard brakes, it must makes a lot of noise, Audi is not helping at all.

Has anyone with standard brakes replaced their pads with aftermarket?

7. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements