Audi MMI is sooo frustrating!! - Page 2

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi MMI is sooo frustrating!!

Re: Audi MMI is sooo frustrating!!

I like it. More advanced than Porsche. The electronics at least.
    Nav is simple - push the speaker button and say 'take me to address'. Done.
    Or say 'OK google, take me to address'. Uses Waze.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I'm not a fan of the Audi system at all. I find it confused and odd the way there are different ways to do the same thing, but that not every option comes up if you use the wrong method of accessing each menu. I posted about this on here a while ago.

I personally much prefer having a central screen also, so that a passenger can fiddle about with things like sat nav etc while I'm driving. I'm sure the more you use it the easier it becomes but I don't get to drive mine that often. It seems every time I get in I have to relearn it again. I don't have this problem in any other car, so I agree with the OT.

Quote Originally Posted by v10plus View Post
    Is it just me who finds the audi MMI unintuitive to use? I have had my car 2 months now and i still find navigation app so difficult to use. I work in the digital space so understand what makes good a user experience better than most.

I am also having a really annoying issue where If I plug my phone (iPhone) into the USB port to charge it the music I am playing thru my phone uses my phones speakers and not the cars [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.r8talk.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]

This aside loving my car tho [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.r8talk.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
    I found once I spent a couple months in the car I love the MMI.

Easy, one screen, fast, and plenty of info.

Just take the time to learn it.

Sit in your garage in the car and mess with it while you aren't driving. Too many people only try to learn the system while driving. Seriously - learn it and you'll appreciate it's simplicity and speed.

I don't see how anyone can have an issue with it once u properly take time to learn it. It's so simple.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGrohl View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Audi system at all. I find it confused and odd the way there are different ways to do the same thing, but that not every option comes up if you use the wrong method of accessing each menu. I posted about this on here a while ago.

I personally much prefer having a central screen also, so that a passenger can fiddle about with things like sat nav etc while I'm driving. I'm sure the more you use it the easier it becomes but I don't get to drive mine that often. It seems every time I get in I have to relearn it again. I don't have this problem in any other car, so I agree with the OT.
    This is exactly how I feel. I do like the Idrive system. I even like the Mercedes interface more than the MMI. One thing tho, the new MB UI in the 18+ S-class is much more work to use than the one in 14-17.

I didn’t drive the r8 for a couple weeks and definitely had to get acclimated again. CarPlay does make it a little better to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use the voice commands. Works pretty good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGrohl View Post

I'm in the same boat! I use my car for high days and holidays only. Every time I get in it, I need to re-learn the MMI all over again. It is not user friendly imo at all, and the lack of a centre screen (although I also like the clean dash design) means that my wife never see's what track is playing, or able to enter sat nav info on the fly. The virtual ****pit is great, but why can't it be shared with the passenger? Just seems a bit daft in lack of practicality.

That V10 sure makes up for a lot :-D
    The voices made me do it

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12