Audi MMI is sooo frustrating!!

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi MMI is sooo frustrating!!

Audi MMI is sooo frustrating!!

Is it just me who finds the audi MMI unintuitive to use? I have had my car 2 months now and i still find navigation app so difficult to use. I work in the digital space so understand what makes good a user experience better than most.

I am also having a really annoying issue where If I plug my phone (iPhone) into the USB port to charge it the music I am playing thru my phone uses my phones speakers and not the cars

This aside loving my car tho

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Audi MMI is sooo frustrating!!

I had the issue with the phone speakers playing, rather than than car. I updated the software in the Iphone and the next time around it worked fine.

I found it pretty easy to use once you learn the layout. Never had that issue with the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 R8 V10:
    Mythos Black, Vermont Brown, VFE Tune, Girodisc Rotors, CF Blades, Engine and Steering Wheel, Pedal Box+, BC Forged 19" RZ10, Audi 20" 10-spoke in Anthracite and Sunken Treasure Bronze
    2012 TTRS:
    Daytona Grey, Stage 2 GIAC tune, AWE FMIC, AWE SwitchPath Exhaust, 034 CF CAI, 034 Street Density mounts, MSS Sport Springs, H&R RSB, Girodisc rotors, HPA haldex controller, CF steering wheel and mirrors, Rear seat delete, HRE 19" P40's, TSW 18" Interlagos, Borbet 18" LV5's

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I actually like the MMI from the R8.
    Compare it to the new Huracan and the R8 is light years ahead of the Lambo. The Lambo one is frustratingcand less features.

Agreed with the above confusing at first but easy after you get used to but not the best system out there.

Better than the system in my 2018 E63S. Mercedes is the worst for MMI.

I've had three Audis with this system total now. Prefer it over most brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2017 R8 V10 Plus (Mythos Black w/ Xpel Stealth)
    2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio
    2018 LR Discovery
    2019 RAM 1500

Quote Originally Posted by v10plus View Post
    Is it just me who finds the audi MMI unintuitive to use? I have had my car 2 months now and i still find navigation app so difficult to use. I work in the digital space so understand what makes good a user experience better than most.

I am also having a really annoying issue where If I plug my phone (iPhone) into the USB port to charge it the music I am playing thru my phone uses my phones speakers and not the cars

Im with you, the MMI is not intuitive and pretty buggy (this may be an update issues we'll see) I've used MMI, my wifes Merc and i-drive and somehow I prefer i-drive.
    2018 RWS #368/999

Quote Originally Posted by v10plus View Post

Having three Audis, I no longer have to think about it. It's second nature at this point. Also, having CarPlay on two of three just gives me even more ways to interface with the system (Waze, Apple Maps, etc.). Most of the time I'm either using voice recognition, handwriting recognition, or the myAudi app to push addresses to all my cars. Using the Map/Nav toggle will always shortcut you straight to the application. I can't think of a more advanced system out there.
    2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus (Ara Blue Crystal)
    2016 Audi S3 (Sepang Blue Pearl)
    2019 Audi SQ5 (Navarra Blue Metallic)

Hamd down BMW's idrive is THE best system of any manufacturer, its lightyears ahead in design, usability and functional. Personally im not a fan of the MMI even in the Gen2 but it is still far better than Mercedes and others so isnt all bad

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast