Gas filler drain hole?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Gas filler drain hole?

Gas filler drain hole?

Hi!

My 17 + does not drain out around the gas filler (when you wash it or rain - and I guess if I ever spill gas).

Before I poke in there, I am assuming there is a drain hole. Could other owners confirm?

Thanks
    Gen 2 V10 Plus - Solar Orange
    911 SC-R; 911 S; GrandAm Cup; 911R Racecar; Driver of GT3R (997.2 and 991.2)
    Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion 2015; Rolex Endurance Champion; US Vintage Racing Champion; PCA Racing Champion

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Gas filler drain hole?

Follow up question, is there a valve of sorts inside the drain hole/line?

I tried to "snake it" with weed trimmer line, and it gets stuck (i didnt want to put too much force).

Then I tried the other way around and used my MitiVac, its creates perfect vacuum (read, it doesn't unclog).

Thoughts?
    Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion 2015; Rolex Endurance Champion; US Vintage Racing Champion; PCA Racing Champion

Anyone has any ideas?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I'm a little lost on what you're referencing. My 2014 has a gas cover and a fuel cap.
    Water never gets into that area.
    2014 Audi R8 V8 STRONIC - 2018 Audi Q7 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK)

Here's a photo of a Gen1 fuel cap and it has a short drain tube with a reasonably large internal diameter.

Gas filler drain hole?-gas-cap.jpg
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8NJR8 View Post
    I'm a little lost on what you're referencing. My 2014 has a gas cover and a fuel cap.
    I'm referring to the area under the gas filler. The area where gas goes in case you have a spill.

When you open the "R8 flap". Technically there is no gas cap on the Gen 2, the flap seals the filler hole.

I appreciate your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by GR8NJR8 View Post
    I'm referring to the area under the gas filler. The area where gas goes in case you have a spill.

When you open the "R8 flap". Technically there is no gas cap on the Gen 2, the flap seals the filler hole.

I appreciate your feedback!

10. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements