Installing Sport Exhaust

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Sport Exhaust

Installing Sport Exhaust

Hi,

I just got the confirmation that my new Audi sport exhaust will be here tomorrow.

Yes, I know I could have gone with an aftermarket one. However...
    1- I would like to avoid any future warranty related entanglements out
    2- The new noise pollution laws in California are kind of making me go with manufacturer exhaust.

I am assuming it will be a simple update (take the old one out put the new one in.) Any pointers would be really appreciated...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Installing Sport Exhaust

Pretty simple job. Will take about 6-8 hrs for someone doing it the first time.
    VAG COM Service in Houston - PM me
    OEM Clutch kits, Pedalbox, TCU tunes, Exhaust systems, OEM Genuine Parts
    Carbon Fiber accessories.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    IG shardul_amg
    Hidden Content

If you say 6-8 hours, it’ll be a weekend job for me, especially with this heat wave in California (today is yet again another 100F...)

Now the next thing is to change the buttons on the steering wheel to control the valves. I’ve got to check the wiring diagrams to see if that is even doable without rewiring the steering wheel...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Not a straight swap over like if I put a QuickSilver in place of my sport exhaust?
    2018 R8 RWS, White, Sport Seats, Rear wheel drive #895/999

Installing the exhaust is pretty straight forward according to the factory manuals (confirmed by UPD as well.)

My car, however, is not a v10+ so I do not have the steering wheel button for the valves. I need to figure out if the wiring needs to be updated to install the button, from v10+, on my steering wheel.

Crap tons of work to swap exhaust on these cars .half of the car needs to be taken apart . I've done it last week when I installed my quicksilver exhaust
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Installing Sport Exhaust-20190523_222611.jpg   Installing Sport Exhaust-20190523_212455.jpg   Installing Sport Exhaust-20190523_224946.jpg  
    Last edited by MB17V10+; 06-11-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    2017 Mexico Blue R8 V10 plus -10.64 @ 132mph stock

I live in SoCal and I installed Remus on my 2018 RWS.
    I can control the valves by just placing the car from Dynamic (loud), to comfort (stock), and individual (loud only when I go past 5000 rpm). etc.
    Of course I didn't do this. A local shop that's familiar with R8 exhaust installation did it for me. It was a two day job and it seemed like they took the car apart quite a bit.

But my car is on dynamic all the time, even if I'm driving next to a police car. They don't seem to mind.
    Only time I would drive in comfort is at late nights or early mornings to be courteous to my neighbors.

With that being said, good luck with the install. The sound is glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by MB17V10+ View Post
    Crap tons of work to swap exhaust on these cars .half of the car needs to be taken apart . I've done it last week when I installed my quicksilver exhaust
    I’ll start workin on it on Friday if the weather calms down a little. If it doesn’t, it’ll be next week. I am not going through this at 100F.
    I’ll take some pictures...

To install the exhaust button the wiring doesnt need to be changed, you'll need the steering wheel fascia with the button included and you'll need to code it in and thats pretty much it

Take you time and take photos to remember how to put it back.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast