Late R8 2020 Spyder performance plus delivery

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Late R8 2020 Spyder performance plus delivery

Late R8 2020 Spyder performance plus delivery

Hi everyone! Newbie here but enjoying all the info!

About a month ago I ordered a 2020 Spyder performance plus. The projected delivery date was sept/oct. That seemed like a long time, but the dealer said the first 2020s weren’t coming in until Sept. I just got an ETA estimate from the factory and they are saying January to February of 2020? Does anyone know why delivery dates are so far out? Delivery in the winter would be problematic as I live in upstate NY and would not drive it until April/May when all the road salt is gone.
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Late R8 2020 Spyder performance plus delivery

I don't have an answer for you but sympathise with you n that I wont want to drive the car in winter. I would ask the dealer to delay the car or store it for you. I believe that the new e-tron is made in the same factory as the R8, so maybe the R8 has lost some production capacity.
    R8 Spyder Plus in vegas yellow with following extras: Phone Box Wireless charging, smartphone interface, contrast diamond seat stitching, Garage door opener, sports seats, comfort and sound pack.
    Audi A7 3.0 TDi 2011 130,000 miles
    Audi Q5 3.0 TDi 2014 60,000 miles

4. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements