Resetting throttle/tranny adaptations?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Resetting throttle/tranny adaptations?

Resetting throttle/tranny adaptations?

The previous owner of my new to me 17 V10+ drove it like my grandmother for 7k miles. Zero launches and brake pads were at 90%. The car felt very relaxed and it feels faster every day i drive it but i want to reset the adaptations and reteach the car who its daddy is, without having to be a complete hooligan (which might happen anyway, its easy in this car).
    Is there a hand held device that can do this that doesnt require a PC (i have mac) and wont break the bank?
    Much appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Resetting throttle/tranny adaptations?

Ross tech supposedly does something like that. I have one for sale but I haven’t tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have a pc glws

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

So the ecu fuel trim can be reset by force clearing the DTC with an obd reader. The car feels MUCH more responsive. Only problem is it also resets the emissions readiness and I doubt i will drive relaxed enough for the correct drive cycle to happen quickly. I called Ross tech, their device can also do it, as well as reset the throttle body AND force the emissions readiness with the engine off! I need to get me one of those and a crappy pc.

Can you tell me how you check Launch counter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugson View Post
    Can you tell me how you check Launch counter ?
    Try here;

r8talk.com/forums/60-maintenance-service/7408-how-check-clutch-wear-launch-control-usage-vcds.html
    2017 R8 V10 Plus Dynamite Red

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements