Facelift Looks Great

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facelift Looks Great

Facelift Looks Great

Was at the dealer last time and they have a new Performance Plus facelift car there in that darker blue. Now I was beginning to believe the others who were not the biggest fans of the new look. Let me tell you I certainly changed my mind standing beside it especially the grille on the rear that breaks up that big plain arse look (I still like mine a lot) and the sharp corners on the front look great. Pictures just don't do this car justice. I also missed the Decenium that came in (#88 of 286) as it came was prepped and left to the owner. Sold for $245k cdn
    2018 R8 RWS, White, Sport Seats, Rear wheel drive #895/999

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

That giant lego rear grill is THE worst part of the facelift, it makes it look like a tonka toy, very cheap look

Re: Facelift Looks Great

Facelift Looks Great-65ddf466-2082-43e0-9547-28d099728371.jpeg
    Its too fake for me. But ive never seen it in the flesh

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

You are going to beat the dead horse.... NO it does not look good!

I was at the dealership yesterday having my gen1 facelift in for the yearly maintenance and they had a 2020 performance model in the showroom floor.

I thought it looked great. I really like the carbon fiber on the side skirts and front lip. I know I'm in the minority here but the only thing I would change is make the rear gloss black or add more carbon fiber.

GB7

I saw this facelift in person at a dealer and it does look good. I have a gen 2 and to be honest the first impression is "cool, another R8" - as opposed to thinking "ugh, that looks poor". It doesn't look poor. I didn't realize that back grill is highly 3D curved and contoured, that is totally missed in photos. Here are a few photos

Facelift Looks Great-webp.net-compress-image-8-.jpg

Facelift Looks Great-webp.net-compress-image-9-.jpg

Facelift Looks Great-webp.net-compress-image-7-.jpg

Still no like too much plastic and fake vents in the front, Audi was thinking this is a boy ricer Civic type R?

Supporting Vendor Craig-TitaniumCarParts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GB7 View Post
    I saw this facelift in person at a dealer and it does look good. I have a gen 2 and to be honest the first impression is "cool, another R8" - as opposed to thinking "ugh, that looks poor". It doesn't look poor. I didn't realize that back grill is highly 3D curved and contoured, that is totally missed in photos. Here are a few photos
    I'd agree the rear looks better in person as the contours do not show on photos. But it really needs something in the center to break it up more rather than just looking like 1 continuous element. Compare how much better the back of Huracan performante/Evo looks compared to a regular Huracan - mainly because the center exhaust

GB7

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-TitaniumCarParts View Post
    I'd agree the rear looks better in person as the contours do not show on photos. But it really needs something in the center to break it up more rather than just looking like 1 continuous element. Compare how much better the back of Huracan performante/Evo looks compared to a regular Huracan - mainly because the center exhaust
    That thing in the center to break up the 1 continuous element is the license plate

Quote Originally Posted by GB7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-TitaniumCarParts View Post
    That thing in the center to break up the 1 continuous element is the license plate [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.r8talk.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
    It need to be body colour not yellow or what ever other countries run, also for shorter plates its still an issue

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast