Audi R8 Forums banner

Audi R8 Gen2 Canards

14K views 47 replies 14 participants last post by  SRM Autosports 
#1 ·
Are you all interested in a set of front bumper canards for the Gen2 R8.
Price will be about $499
Here are some pictures

See less See more
#3 ·
Shardul, do those mount with the 3M VHB (very high bond) double-sided tape?

#8 ·
I'm not sure I like them; can't decide. I like the idea of carbon fiber canards cosmetically but on these I would prefer that they not extend so far out from the car body so as not to dominate the front-end appearance. Just my .02

#9 ·
I chose this design to go by because I felt the front of the vehicle seemed a little anorexic compared to the rear end.

Also wanted it to truly grab some air and have real downforce.

I think the vehicle captured more attention with them and looking back at old pictures, I wish I had them mounted up earlier. Like at Road Atlanta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#11 ·
If I'm honest, these do seem to stick out rather far...and conjure up images of Dumbo.
I do like the smaller, but still purposeful, canards of the R8 GT4.

#34 ·
What's the consensus on fitting the canards gent's - bolt and ultra high bond tape to ensure expensive bits of carbon don't go walkies, or UHB tape and avoid drilling the bumper?
Looking at the photo's I see there's some slight variation in placement of the front upper canards, anyone have measurements from the originals for correct placement?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.