What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?


  1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

    Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!
     
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?

  1. #1
    Supporting Vendor VividRacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    113

    What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?

    Hi folks!

    We've decided to go with Capristo on our widebody R8 build.

    So, I wanted to ask, what exhaust are you running and why?

    Post some photos and a soundclip, if you can!
    Ryan 'Michael'
    Audi Performance Specialist

    Vivid Racing | Gilbert, AZ | Hidden Content
    480.966.3040 x270 | Email: Hidden Content
    KW | Vorsteiner | Brembo | BBS Wheels | Airlift | Bilstein | Armytrix | Tubi Style | Liberty Walk |Quicksilver | H&R | 1016

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Beastly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    251

    Re: What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?

    Capristo is very good, sounds deep like a muscle car. I run a quicksilver and its just really loud (just absolutely screams, folks 1/4 mile away can hear it). Given your impressive and crazy build, I would recommend the center exit exhaust, a buddy of mine has it and it looks and sounds awesome.
    Hidden Content
    2017 R8 Plus / Dynamite Red / Carbon / Dynamic Steering / B&O / HRE 305 / Cup 2s / Vorsteiner Wing / Capristo Winglets & Canards / Quicksilver Exhaust / Hidden Content / Hidden Content

    Former R8
    2017 R8 Plus / Mythos Black / Carbon / Dynamic Steering / B&O
    2009 R8 4.2 / 6MT / Ebony Peal Effect / Enhanced Leather / Carbon / Stasis Exhaust / Padgid Yellow / '14 Rear end

  4. #3
    Supporting Vendor VividRacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    113

    Re: What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beastly View Post
    Capristo is very good, sounds deep like a muscle car. I run a quicksilver and its just really loud (just absolutely screams, folks 1/4 mile away can hear it). Given your impressive and crazy build, I would recommend the center exit exhaust, a buddy of mine has it and it looks and sounds awesome.
    How is the Quicksilver on cabin noise?

    The 1016 Center exit is definitely unique!
    Ryan 'Michael'
    Audi Performance Specialist

    Vivid Racing | Gilbert, AZ | Hidden Content
    480.966.3040 x270 | Email: Hidden Content
    KW | Vorsteiner | Brembo | BBS Wheels | Airlift | Bilstein | Armytrix | Tubi Style | Liberty Walk |Quicksilver | H&R | 1016

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Trev450's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    South Wales. UK
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?

    I run a Capristo and am delighted with all aspects of it. With the valves open its plenty loud enough but not stupid loud and emits a real scream at higher revs. With the valves closed its much the same as stock and ideal for highway trips as there is no cabin drone.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

    Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

    Hidden Content

  7. #5
    Supporting Vendor VividRacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    113

    Re: What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trev450 View Post
    I run a Capristo and am delighted with all aspects of it. With the valves open its plenty loud enough but not stupid loud and emits a real scream at higher revs. With the valves closed its much the same as stock and ideal for highway trips as there is no cabin drone.
    That's great to know,

    Post sound clips if you can, guys!
    Ryan 'Michael'
    Audi Performance Specialist

    Vivid Racing | Gilbert, AZ | Hidden Content
    480.966.3040 x270 | Email: Hidden Content
    KW | Vorsteiner | Brembo | BBS Wheels | Airlift | Bilstein | Armytrix | Tubi Style | Liberty Walk |Quicksilver | H&R | 1016

  8. #6
    Member R_8cho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    77

    Re: What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?

    Anyone in chicago with an aftermarket exhaust or completely stock we can do a rev video comparison.

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    135
    The Capristo imo ruins the sound of the V10, it takes the high pitch scream away and makes it deeper, worst yet is yhe fact at low revs/speeds it sounds hollow and airy like a drain pipe. Hearing one in person you'll understand what i mean. Out of all the systems iv heard id say the Quicksilver is at the top and oddly the Miltek is very good and usually i hate all things Miltek. Just good for thought

  10. #8
    Supporting Vendor VividRacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    113

    Re: What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by 911pdk View Post
    The Capristo imo ruins the sound of the V10, it takes the high pitch scream away and makes it deeper, worst yet is yhe fact at low revs/speeds it sounds hollow and airy like a drain pipe. Hearing one in person you'll understand what i mean. Out of all the systems iv heard id say the Quicksilver is at the top and oddly the Miltek is very good and usually i hate all things Miltek. Just good for thought
    Interesting! I'll keep my ears peeled when we get the install finished up and see if we need to switch it over to the Tubi, then.
    Ryan 'Michael'
    Audi Performance Specialist

    Vivid Racing | Gilbert, AZ | Hidden Content
    480.966.3040 x270 | Email: Hidden Content
    KW | Vorsteiner | Brembo | BBS Wheels | Airlift | Bilstein | Armytrix | Tubi Style | Liberty Walk |Quicksilver | H&R | 1016

  11. #9
    Senior Member Nosferatu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    859

    Re: What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?

    Larini Club Sport because I paid $1600 shipped for it used. Can't complain it's valved and sounds great.

    2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus Ara Blue Crystal
    Larini Club Sport Exhaust
    10.8 @ 128 MPH (60' 1.68) - Stock
    10.6 @ 130 MPH (60' 1.66) - Exhaust+Pilot 4S Tires

    2018 Audi RS7 Performance
    Mythos Black

    Stock...for now. Hidden Content

  12. #10
    Supporting Vendor VividRacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    113

    Re: What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    Larini Club Sport because I paid $1600 shipped for it used. Can't complain it's valved and sounds great.

    Sounds GREAT!
    Ryan 'Michael'
    Audi Performance Specialist

    Vivid Racing | Gilbert, AZ | Hidden Content
    480.966.3040 x270 | Email: Hidden Content
    KW | Vorsteiner | Brembo | BBS Wheels | Airlift | Bilstein | Armytrix | Tubi Style | Liberty Walk |Quicksilver | H&R | 1016

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0