Euro boutique gen 2 carbon paddles in the wild

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro boutique gen 2 carbon paddles in the wild

Euro boutique gen 2 carbon paddles in the wild-9c900748-6b29-4878-a97e-b5b95c4115c8.jpgEuro boutique gen 2 carbon paddles in the wild-d237546a-5c16-41b6-b005-2505cca3eeac.jpgEuro boutique gen 2 carbon paddles in the wild-57d9f2f2-3830-42dd-891b-5af0b9eb33a0.jpg
    Thank you for fixing my R8.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

It doesn't look like those go over existing paddles. Euro Boutique seems to have mostly gen 1 stuff on their site. Are those the $649 extended paddles? They look great, but not for $649.
    2017 Audi R8 v10 | Mythos Black Metallic
    2016 Shelby GT350 | Magnetic Gray

Not a fan of those at all. Ill get a picture of the paddles i had made shortly and post them here, very oem look and finish

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Euro boutique gen 2 carbon paddles in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by Crashspeeder View Post
    It doesn't look like those go over existing paddles. Euro Boutique seems to have mostly gen 1 stuff on their site. Are those the $649 extended paddles? They look great, but not for $649.
    These are installed in place of the oem so not a sticker, but freestanding units with electronics built in. I agree they are expensive, i believe these are 750 for gen2. Oem paddle shifters are a big complaint for lots of folks. Two added benefits are they dont make the mouse click sound when pressed and there is more room for your hands to grip the steering wheel compared to most extensions
    Last edited by R_8cho; 08-21-2019 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 911pdk View Post
    Not a fan of those at all. Ill get a picture of the paddles i had made shortly and post them here, very oem look and finish

If folks are after oem look then these are definitely not the right set. I posted them so everyone can get a better idea of what it looks like installed and make a personal decision. No offense taken at all. I agree design could be improved a bit to look more oem, but theyre much better in person and the size is exactly what I was looking for. Very functional.
    Looking forward to seeing your pieces, where did u have them made?

Here are my paddles, the finish is perfect
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Euro boutique gen 2 carbon paddles in the wild-20190821_123836_1566387538975.jpg  

Niiice. Who made them?
    Also, why is your wheel smooth on top and bottom? I thought the plus had perforation all around?
    Last edited by R_8cho; 08-21-2019 at 04:57 AM.

Those look amazing. How much did they run you? I don't need carbon fiber. Plastic will do, though aluminum might be better. For me the problem with the stock paddles is size, not material.
    Last edited by Crashspeeder; 08-21-2019 at 05:15 AM.
    2017 Audi R8 v10 | Mythos Black Metallic
    2016 Shelby GT350 | Magnetic Gray

They way they are built would only allow for a carbon material as the orignal paddle internals are built into the carbon frames, they aren't a stick on type, they are hand made using a oem paddle as the heart of the paddle rather than extensions. They were a fair amount tbh, i paid roughly £500 for them but honestly they are worth every penny, i tried 3 different types of extensions and all came of within a week, these things are genuinely perfect and have been made to be perfectly suited to the wheel and seating positon so they dont get in the way.

Also the smooth wheel seems to be a stock thing in the UK i havent come accross one that is entirely perforated

Wow these look amazing. Tactile feel would be the same as stock right?

I had EB build me a set last year with some special request. I ended up trading in my car before they were done. Shape wise is the same as OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by johndong888; 08-21-2019 at 10:09 AM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast